Windows 10: Main display is shown as number 2?

Discus and support Main display is shown as number 2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My primary monitor is shown as number 2 and when I change to "PC screen only", when I only need one screen, it only displays on my second screen to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/calzoneWantsToBone, May 24, 2020.

1. Main display is shown as number 2?

My primary monitor is shown as number 2 and when I change to "PC screen only", when I only need one screen, it only displays on my second screen to the side. I've tried changing things in the nvidia control panel also but no luck

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/calzoneWantsToBone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/calzoneWantsToBone, May 24, 2020

2. Display Name and Number In Contacts E51

I Can not get my E51 to display Name and number in my contacts list any suggestions

gregjr---01, May 24, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, May 24, 2020
  4. Main display is shown as number 2?

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Main display is shown as number 2?

1. Main display is shown as number 2? - Similar Threads - Main display shown

2. 2 monitors, change main

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitors, change main: I have 2 monitors, I switched them physically a couple days. they are like this in |display| 1 2 this way when I go from 1 to 2 the mouse travels to the right, as opposed to me having to go LEFT to get to the rt monitor. However, I want 2 to be 1 as far as start menu and...
  3. PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Typing Numbers Mainly 8 and 2: My PC often glitches out and starts typing random numbers - mostly 8 and 2. I don't know if this is a Windows problem but I know that it's not my keyboard or mouse because I have unplugged them and my PC continues to type these numbers. Also, when this 'glitch' occurs, the...
  4. Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Display from number 2 to number 1 on Display Settings: Hi, Since I've started using a new secondary monitor, my apps will always open in the secondary one. This is because on the Display settings it appears as the primary, even if I force my actual primary to be the primary, the secondary keeps having the role. I've tried to do...
  5. Display is shown as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display is shown as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I've got windows 10 on an alienware 15 R3. it came with a intel HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA 1070 integrated GPUs. The 1070 broke, resulting in a blackscreen unless disabled. Today, i got the Razor core X external GPU runner and a RTX 2070, got everything set up, all the...
  6. Notification area not on main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  7. No display number

No display number: Hi. I have an HP notebook and wish to display screen on tv. When I plug in HDMI cable, the display appears on tv, but notebook display goes black. When I go into display settings there is no display number showing so I cannot select 1/2. It did display originally but some...
  8. Main display switches

Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  9. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display: Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the...
  10. Main Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Main Display Issue: Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now...