Windows 10: Main Display Issue

Discus and support Main Display Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JDobbsy1987, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Main Display Issue

Anyone come across this issue?
    Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug.

I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now on my left display.

The below image shows that i have 3 screens, and that the middle one is my main display however the time/date doesn't move to it, it stays on the left display.

It's not a massive issue but my OCD is taking a massive beating *Smile

Main Display Issue [​IMG]

-Jamie

:)

JDobbsy1987, Mar 27, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Need to reset what "Display Settings" does when I plug in a second monitor

Hi,

Just to verify, have you tried unchecking the "Make this my main display" option? Make sure that both displays are connected. Try assigning the monitor as your main display then change the settings of Multiple displays to "Show only to 1". Apply and see if
    it resolves the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Ar Rom, Mar 27, 2015
  3. fSHUN Win User
    Main display limits refresh rate?

Hi, I have the same problem.

It seems that the refresh rate of secondary display is restricted to that of main display. To illustrate a little bit more in detail, the movement of mouse cursor is displayed in high refresh rate, but the content in windows is displayed in low refresh rate.
    So it seems not to be the problem occurring from PC itself, but rather from the Windows' graphic architecture.

(And as Vegedus mentioned, when the display with higher refresh rate is set to main display than the problem will not occur.)

Since I want to set the display with lower refresh rate as main display (it's laptop's built-in), I want this issue fixed.

fSHUN, Mar 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Main Display Issue

Hello Jamie,

It's not doing it on my three monitors. Does changing the main display to another one and back sort it?

Did you happen to have video driver update before this happened?

Brink, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Very strange, setting it to and back as my main display didn't fix it... i repeated it a few times and all of a sudden all 3 screens refreshed and now the middle monitor is showing the time/date as normal *Thumbs

Maybe it was just my graphics playing up for a moment?

My OCD is back to a healthy level *Biggrin

JDobbsy1987, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Main Display Issue

1. Main Display Issue - Similar Threads - Main Display Issue

2. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  3. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  4. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  5. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  6. Main display is shown as number 2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main display is shown as number 2?: My primary monitor is shown as number 2 and when I change to "PC screen only", when I only need one screen, it only displays on my second screen to the side. I've tried changing things in the nvidia control panel also but no luck Any ideas? submitted by...
  7. Notification area not on main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  8. Main display switches

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  9. Main & external displays switched

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main & external displays switched: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop running as my main display and a 24" external monitor for my extended display. I frequently do presentations and have one coming up this week. I went in this morning to run through it and my main and external displays have switched screens. My...
  10. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display: Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the...