Windows 10: Main display switches

Discus and support Main display switches in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jleybo, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jleybo Win User

Main display switches

Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere.

I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2 as primary:

Main display switches [​IMG]

This works most of the time - but if I change the size of any screen so that it is not maximized I lose the main display to the laptop. I know this, so I can avoid changing the size. However, the main display change also happens quietly for unknown reasons - regularly enough to be annoying and sometimes at really bad moments. I'll be working on something and go down to my windows toolbar - only to find it's moved to screen #1.

Main display switches [​IMG]

The fix is to call up the screen resolution, select #2 and make it the main display. This is good - until it happens again. I just need something to make it stick! Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

:)

jleybo, Aug 31, 2017
  2. Laura615 Win User

change main monitor setup with second monitor

I recently switched out my second monitor with a different one; once I made the switch my main monitor is know my second monitor display. Prior to changing my second monitor out everything was fine, my main monitor was 1 and the second was second. Now
    my main monitor displays as second and my second as my main one. How can I fix this issue, I have been trying and nothing works. Can anyone help?

Laura615, Aug 31, 2017
  3. I have 2 vertical black bars on both sides of my main monitor, help.

I use a 1920x1080 monitor as my main monitor and I have a significantly smaller, older monitor which resolution is far less than 1920x1080. I accidentally duplicated the displays and clicked confirm and now it appears to me that my main monitor has a 3 inch
    black bar from each side and the display looks significantly worse. In display settings, under multiple displays, I switched it back to extend these displays. However, this didnt do anything whatsoever. I checked the resolution in advanced settings and it
    was at 1920x1080.

I tried plugging my main monitor into another computer and it still had the vertical lines and poor looking resolution. Obviously me duplicating the display of a significantly smaller monitor with a worse resolution to my main monitor caused this issue.

MacMcCarthy, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

Main display switches

1. Main display switches - Similar Threads - Main display switches

2. Switch graphics cards as main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch graphics cards as main: Hi! So i have a Lenovo 81HN Laptop with AMD Radeon 530 and Intel HD 620 Graphics, but as main display adapter, my Intel 620 graphics is the main one, i would like to know if its possiblits possible to switch my Intel HD 620 GPU Integrated to AMD Radeon 530 Dedicated, but the...
  3. Switch graphics cards as main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch graphics cards as main: Hi! So i have a Lenovo 81HN Laptop with AMD Radeon 530 and Intel HD 620 Graphics, but as main display adapter, my Intel 620 graphics is the main one, i would like to know if its possiblits possible to switch my Intel HD 620 GPU Integrated to AMD Radeon 530 Dedicated, but the...
  4. Switch graphics cards as main

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Notification area not on main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  6. Switching displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching displays: I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings. There are two different ways this will work: 1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV...
  7. Main & external displays switched

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main & external displays switched: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop running as my main display and a 24" external monitor for my extended display. I frequently do presentations and have one coming up this week. I went in this morning to run through it and my main and external displays have switched screens. My...
  8. 2nd Display becomes primary when main monitor is switched off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd Display becomes primary when main monitor is switched off: Hi, I have the following problem for a few weeks now: I have a "main" monitor attached to DVI and a beamer attached to HDMI of my GTX-960 graphics card. The monitor is set to primary display. For watching movies, I usually switch off the monitor, leaving only the...
  9. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display: Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the...
  10. Main Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Main Display Issue: Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now...