Windows 10: Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?

Discus and support Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Thinkpad with 2 hard drives. The first one has W10 on it but is stuck in a boot loop and the drive itself is noisy so I’m pretty sure it took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cacabuzz, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?

I have a Thinkpad with 2 hard drives. The first one has W10 on it but is stuck in a boot loop and the drive itself is noisy so I’m pretty sure it took a hit at some point.

There is a 2nd hdd in the laptop and it is empty. Is it possible to restore an image of the 1st drive onto the 2nd drive?

I can see the 2nd drive listed in the diskutil command line utility but not on the System Restore program (only seeing CMain HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop? :)

Thank you!

submitted by /u/cacabuzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cacabuzz, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Norton Win User

Can I restore an SSD image to a normal hard drive disk

I believe you can do that with Acronis True Image. I used the free version from Western Digital to clone a laptop drive over to a larger laptop drive.

Norton, Apr 19, 2020
  3. How do I restore a system image to a NEW hard drive?

I have a failing HDD in my laptop, so I need to replace it, but it's the drive with the OS on.

I created a system image, and saved it to the laptop's 2nd HDD.

I now have a 3rd HDD, a new one to replace the 1st one. I've plugged it in using an external casing.

How do I use the system image to put my OS onto the new, 3rd HDD?

Every time I try to restore, it just wants to put it back on the 1st, failing, HDD.

Estragon Helmer, Apr 19, 2020
  4. sumasage Win User

Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?

1. Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop? - Similar Threads - Main HDD died

2. My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!: I just reset my pc to factory new and now my hard drive is locked out and I can't do commands or I can`t access my my main c: drive! I can`t use regeditor!...
  3. Restore previous partitions of external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore previous partitions of external HDD: My windows 10 crashed while my external hard drive was running. When I rebooted it deleted all the partitions on external drive and created a single new partition. How to revert this and restore the data from it?...
  4. Laptop can't decide if it can see 2nd HDD or not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop can't decide if it can see 2nd HDD or not: How can I ensure my laptop finds the data drive consistently??? System: HP 250 G7 laptop, running Win 10 1909. OS mounted on SSD, data and apps on 2nd SATA HDD. On booting, BIOS and Disk Management often drop the SATA HDD completely. Not always, but 75% of the time. Of the...
  5. dying hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dying hard drive: My hard drive is dying. Several times each week, it crashes and I get an error message "Hard drive failure. Press F1 to reboot". Sometimes F1 works, sometimes I need to power off and restart, and sometimes I have to boot from a rescue CD. I want to buy a new hard drive and...
  6. This happens when i do anything with my hdd/2nd hard drive. Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happens when i do anything with my hdd/2nd hard drive. Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/deadpoo-187 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iba53m/this_happens_when_i_do_anything_with_my_hdd2nd/
  7. Dying Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dying Hard Drive?: Over the past two weeks my hard drive has came to concluding evidence that it is dying and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it. Take a look at my Crystal Disk Info....
  8. My Hard drive died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  9. Restoring HDD image to SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring HDD image to SSD: I am having dual boot PC, XP and Win 10, both on different HDD. I just bought a 250 GB SSD for restoring my Win 10 OS and System Reserved macrium image on this new SSD. I made three volumes 2 GB for System Reserved, 130 for OS and rest free. When I look in Disk Management,...
  10. Is my hard drive dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...