Windows 10: Main menu not working Windows 10

Discus and support Main menu not working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! For over a year now my start button either from the screen or the keyboard is not opening the main menu. I've tried fixing it without results. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PabloErrázuriz, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Main menu not working Windows 10

Hi! For over a year now my start button either from the screen or the keyboard is not opening the main menu. I've tried fixing it without results. Any way to solve this? Thanks!

:)

PabloErrázuriz, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Main menu not working Windows 10

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Main menu not working Windows 10

1. Main menu not working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Main menu working

2. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the Windows main menu: My notebook started to give problems since a cousin of mine put apps to work on his Apple cell phone, I uninstalled it, but it was still slow, after that I had to format several times and I couldn't keep giving the message "an error occurred, it was not possible format no...
  3. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the Windows main menu: My notebook started to give problems since a cousin of mine put apps to work on his Apple cell phone, I uninstalled it, but it was still slow, after that I had to format several times and I couldn't keep giving the message "an error occurred, it was not possible format no...
  4. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. gaming option in main settings menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    gaming option in main settings menu: Hi there, when i click on the windows icon in the bottom-left corner and select settings, i cannot see the gaming option. i can trigger game bar by presssing windows key + G. my current windows version is 20H2....
  6. Windows 10 speakers menu not working on bar menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 speakers menu not working on bar menu: Why do you block responses to questions. Like the one about 'Windows 10 speakers menu not working on bar menu?' When you can easily offer an alternative like. 'Type in Speakers' and you can get to the menu that way'? Amazing!...
  7. Minecraft windows 10 takes 2 hours to load into main menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 takes 2 hours to load into main menu: I bought this minecraft game off the microsoft store so that i could play with my friends on xbox but i launch the game and the window opens but as its loading it gets to a certain point then just stops until a couple hours after then it launches the game. I have posted a...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu: So I am having a problem where I start up FH4 and get to the main menu. After it loads up and I press enter to continue it freezes for a second then crashes. I have tried resetting the app. I have reinstalled the game 4 times. I have checked for any and all programs that may...
  9. Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay not working in main Windows 10 profile: I recently did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my desktop. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that Autoplay doesn't want to work anymore. I can get it to come up with the notification in the Action Center when I plugged a USB device in, but...
  10. Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10: How to: Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10 How to Open Start Menu on Main or Last Display when pressing Windows key in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one display connected to your PC, then you can set your Start menu to open on...