Windows 10: Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

Discus and support Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The basic rundown of my issue is this: I restarted my computer with my Cintiq connected. When the computer restarted, my primary monitor had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Exalixir, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Exalixir Win User

Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

The basic rundown of my issue is this: I restarted my computer with my Cintiq connected. When the computer restarted, my primary monitor had no display, and my Cintiq had somehow become the main monitor instead.

The monitor is powered on, but isn't receiving any signal from my GPU. Using Detect in the Display settings doesn't find the monitor, nor does Nvidia Control Panel. The drivers for the tablet are up-to-date. The monitor drivers I got from Samsung's website were installed, but when they didn't seem to do anything, I uninstalled them. I have also tried multiple times to shut down my computer, unplug everything related to the tablet, and power it back on, but the monitor never displays anything, and I have to eventually plug the tablet back in to see anything.

Monitor: Samsung 27CHG70, 1440p 144Hz, connected via DisplayPort

Tablet: Wacom Cintiq DTK-1660, connected via HDMI and USB

GPU: 2070 Super 8GB Nvidia ver. 465.89

Windows ver: 20H2

I have had this issue before, and the "fix" was to reset to a restore point with everything tablet related unplugged. After that I had to connect the tablet whenever I wanted to use it and disconnect it any time I needed to restart, which is incredibly annoying. I'd like to avoid that if possible and see if there's a better solution.

:)

Exalixir, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Can't Reinstall Wacom Tablet Driver

Hi Mae,

The issue your are having is due to missing or corrupt driver.

To resolve your issue, we strongly suggest getting the latest driver and software for your device from the manufacturer's website.

It is also advisable if you can contact the device's support team for assistance.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to try resolve the issue:

1. Go to Device Manager by right-clicking on the windows start button.

2. Find the Wacom Tablet under Human Interface Devices. Right-click and select to uninstall. Remove everything.

3. Unplug the Wacom Tablet

4. Go to Add/Remove Programs by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Programs and Features."

5. Find the Wacom stuff and uninstall all of it.

6. Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on the windows/start menu button and select "Command Line (Admin)."

7. Look for location of Program Files, normally, it's C: drive.

Type the following at the command prompt (including the quotes):

• mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Tablet" "C:\Program Files\Tablet"
    8. Reinstall the latest Wacom drivers from the website.

9. Restart and plug in your Wacom drivers.

10. Go to Services manager (click the start button and type "Services" to bring up the msc panel). Find the Wacom Professional Service item and start it or restart it.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Jose Est, Apr 2, 2021
  3. MadelineH Win User
    Wacom Tablet not detected

Yes it was working before. I just noticed the issue on Thursday. I have not made changes.

I have tried installing drivers, restarting my computer, updating drivers, installing in compatibility mode, installing a driver directly from Wacom, etc. My wireless mouse works just fine, and I even replaced the tablet with the same model.

MadelineH, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

wacom tablet

I have a problem with my tablet. I'm currently using a Wacom Intuos Draw. I plugged in my tablet is does have a sound like it is connected but everytime I use the buttons on the tablet it doesn't work, I open the Wacom Desktop Center but it saids " No
    device connected " . Other than the buttons, pressure sensitivity is working normal. I have tried unplugging, restarting the computer, start-stop services , ...... but none of it worked. HELP ME !!!!!!

bùi anh thư, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

1. Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected - Similar Threads - Main monitor displays

2. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  3. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  4. Wacom Tablet doesn't want to connect to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wacom Tablet doesn't want to connect to PC: Hello! So I've got this problem where my tablet doesn't want to connect at all to my computer. When I try to connect it to a USB port on my computer the white LED on the tablet doesn't light up and the product doesn't even work. I've got a Wacom CTL-472 and I've had it...
  5. Wacom one Creative Pen Display is not displaying on the tablet

Wacom one Creative Pen Display is not displaying on the tablet: I recently bought a Wacom One Creative Pen Display. The drivers are up-to-date and the device turns on. My computer acknowledges it as connected, but it still will not display anything. It only says "No Signal." I even bought an HDMI adapter, but it still does not work. I'm...
  6. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  7. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  8. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse: Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on...
  9. Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update

Wacom Tablet not displaying after Window's 10 August update: So after the August 2018 update of Windows 10 my tablet hasn't been working properly, to help understand the problem my tablet is a wacom cintiq (the fancy ones that display the screen as you draw) after the update I thought I had to update my driver, so I went to the website...
  10. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...