Windows 10: Main monitor gets messed up when streaming.

Discus and support Main monitor gets messed up when streaming. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when I installed windows 10 originally on launch day I found no problems until I was hit with BSOD_VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE a week or so later when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Strizz, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Strizz Win User

Main monitor gets messed up when streaming.

So when I installed windows 10 originally on launch day I found no problems until I was hit with BSOD_VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE a week or so later when trying to watch a stream.

Rebooted, continued using the OS with no issues aside from a sporadic TDR FAILURE, until about the end of August/Early September.

I got hit with a very similar issue where opening a stream would result in my monitor getting all messed up while the video played. My second monitor remained fine and was usable. The sound also continued to play perfectly fine. It would rarely crash the computer and would just remain this way.

This issue persists for as long as the video plays. Sometimes I can pause the video which will cause the screen to return to normal only to go back to being messed up if I hit play again. Other times the opposite will happen. I will open the stream (youtube, twitch.tv - doesn't matter. Neither does browser), have the issue come up. Pause. See no change. Hit play again and THEN the screen will return to normal.

I looked through this place and many other boards extensively. Found that the issue could be with my integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600). The way I originally fixed the issue is up in the air as it sort of stopped working after I rinsed and repeated a handful of methods a dozen times, but what I think I did was use DDU to remove all of my drivers (INTEL and AMD) Downloaded the new intel HD graphics driver. Restarted my PC. Used DDU to once again clean out the drivers (someone suggested having the HD graphics driver before my GPU drivers was important). Downloaded the GPU drivers and left my windows update as manual.

My streams worked fine until I had to Reset This PC recently for unrelated issues. I did a clean install. Didn't carry over any files. I let the drivers download automatically through windows for just my GPU and everything worked fine for 3 or so days until I got the same monitor crash when streaming a video. So I tried to recreate how I solved the problem except that this time I don't have an Intel HD driver at all and when I try to install it it says that I don't have the hardware. If I use the Intel Utility, it says I don't have a download. So I'm stuck. I don't know what to do next. I can't find any forums where the problem is specific to streaming so I figured I'd leave a post.

Edit:

So I got the Intel driver installed eventually. Needed to download some drivers via my motherboards website first which made it possible to install the HD graphics driver.

Now I'm just in the process of messing about with removing and installing to try to get it to work again. It seems to happen most often with twitch. I'll post another edit if I make progress but to be honest I'm just mindlessly doing these things over and over and probably won't remember the process I manage to fix it with, if I can at all. Any advice is still appreciated. It is definitely a driver issue. I just don't know how to get it stable again.

:)

Strizz, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows Update Dual Monitor Issue

After my PC updated my screen settings were all messed up and now when I use Win+P to select "PC Screen only" it turns off my main monitor and the secondary is on if I select "Second screen only" now my main monitor is on and the secondary is off.

And yes I've set my main monitor to be the main monitor in "Personalize" and in Nvidia Control Panel.

So I'm calling it a bug because only after this update its all being weird.

Richard Donath, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Pentolaz Win User
    Taskbar resetting after computer goes into sleep mode.

Every time my PC goes into sleep mode the resets itself to my main monitor, when I have locked it to the right. This is very annoying as it messes up the display until I move the taskbar back to the other monitor.

Pentolaz, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Main monitor gets messed up when streaming.

1. Main monitor gets messed up when streaming. - Similar Threads - Main monitor gets

2. Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?: PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and an AMD Ryzen 7900XT GPU, two LG Ultragear 165hz 1440p monitorsTo summarize, I like to watch youtube while I play something low effort like cookie clicker, or have some stellaris going on the side. Problem is, whenever I open a game, whatever...
  3. Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?: PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and an AMD Ryzen 7900XT GPU, two LG Ultragear 165hz 1440p monitorsTo summarize, I like to watch youtube while I play something low effort like cookie clicker, or have some stellaris going on the side. Problem is, whenever I open a game, whatever...
  4. When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?: When I Alt-Tab on my main 1440p 32in monitor my 2 side 1080p 27in monitors get their applications dragged to the middle and then the game tab backs into itself. Also when trying too Alt-Tab on games it won't let me get out of a black screen unless I restart my computer. This...
  5. When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?

When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?: When I Alt-Tab on my main 1440p 32in monitor my 2 side 1080p 27in monitors get their applications dragged to the middle and then the game tab backs into itself. Also when trying too Alt-Tab on games it won't let me get out of a black screen unless I restart my computer. This...
  6. How to disable the main monitor getting an animation when turing the 2end monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the main monitor getting an animation when turing the 2end monitor: So when you turn the second monitor from the win + p list and choose extend the main monitor gets an animation were it freezes and get smaller than back to normal. how can I disable that and thank you!...
  7. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  8. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  9. Messed Up Main Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  10. Dual Monitor Mess Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Mess Up: Hi. I was trying to set up a second monitor for my laptop to run simultaneously. When hooked up in the display settings, I clicked something for set to second monitor or something. Now when I have a second monitor connected both screens are blank and I cant access the...