Windows 10: Main monitor goes black only while gaming

Discus and support Main monitor goes black only while gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello so this has been going on for a little while now. My problem is my main monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds while playing a game and comes back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johnschr004, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Main monitor goes black only while gaming

Hello so this has been going on for a little while now. My problem is my main monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds while playing a game and comes back. It is not showing the monitor turning off its like it losses signal for a second or two. I run a 3 monitor system. All cords are plugged into the back of my graphics card. Things i have tried. Reinstalling graphics card driver. And using a new hdmi cord. I am at a lost looking to see if anyone has another suggestions.

Ps my other monitors do not go black ever just my main one that i play the game. the imgur shows the specs while fortnite is running

submitted by /u/johnschr004
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johnschr004, Apr 13, 2020

2. Monitor goes Full Black unexpectedly while Gaming

My PC Monitor goes full black while gaming or when I exit a game. It is very unexpected and happens anytime. The monitor goes black as if there is no signal coming from motherboard/ PC. Please help me fix this issue.

Here is an event log when this issue happened - Black Screen While Gaming Event Logs.evtx

arman chandok, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Monitor goes black after playing games

Lately, after I quit a game, it happens that the monitor goes black and goes basically in some kind of standby. It doesn't happen always (today it's just the second time that it happens), but I really don't understand what the problem could be. I cannot really tell even if it's just the monitor or the whole computer freezes, in fact, I've been forced to restart the pc using the button. Any help, please?

liveAndrew, Apr 13, 2020
  4. anaron Win User

Main monitor goes black only while gaming

Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Main monitor goes black only while gaming

1. Main monitor goes black only while gaming - Similar Threads - Main monitor goes

2. Computer goes black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes black screen while gaming: I have been having this issue for the last couple of days, my computer usually works fine and this does not happen frequently, but i have tried multiple methods already and the issue still exists. Sometimes i can play the same game for hours without any issue sometimes it...
  3. Computer goes black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes black screen while gaming: I have been having this issue for the last couple of days, my computer usually works fine and this does not happen frequently, but i have tried multiple methods already and the issue still exists. Sometimes i can play the same game for hours without any issue sometimes it...
  4. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  5. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  6. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor: on nearly every video game I have when it goes full screen, it goes black... • runs fine on window mode and on second monitor... • started when I updated drivers• if I move my mouse off the 1st monitor, the screen stops being black• i tried to do a windows update but it...
  8. Monitor Goes Black

Monitor Goes Black: Hey, My current setup is an Acer Laptop with windows 10 connected to an acer monitor and an OLD Lenovo MonitorMy laptop to Acer Monitor works perfect. However, my old Lenovo monitor screen is black and immediately goes into power saving mode when connected to my laptopI...
  9. Monitor goes black

Monitor goes black: My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account. Is this a computer...
  10. Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor screen goes black while gaming.: Yesterday i built my first gaming pc, and it seems like i've done everything right but when I launch games I get consistent blackscreens, especially with FreeSync enabled. My specs are: Ryzen 5 2600 ASRock B450m Pro4 mobo 2x8GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 (16ms CAS latency)...