Windows 10: Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Discus and support Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Supanat Kitiyodom, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start turn on and off repeatly for 10 minutes before my pc detect and back to normalbefore that when i used only 1 monitor eveythings work finespecCPU AMD RYZEN 7 7800X3DM/B MSI B650-P WIFIRAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 32GB BUS5600PSU SILVERSTONE DA850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD

:)

Supanat Kitiyodom, Feb 4, 2024
  2. wimow Win User

Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine (turning fans off), but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.

I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.

When I click Power -> Sleep, the monitors turns off, but the fans keeps going. I have not changed anything in BIOS.

• I unplugged all USB-devices.
    • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes -> Did not help.
    • powercfg -requests --> Only shows none.
    • I made sure ALL devices in device manager has turned ON "Alow the computer to tum off this device to save power"
    How can I find the reason the computer won't turn completely off?

wimow, Feb 4, 2024
  3. Monitor will not sleep on shutdown

Hi,
    I just changed from DVI to HDMI and now when I shutdown my computer my monitor will not enter sleep mode, and will display 'Cable Not Connected' as shown in the image attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour 57778d1485961715t-monitor-will-not-sleep-shutdown-img_2056.jpg

Giaccovitch, Feb 4, 2024
  4. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Deep sleep problems in windows 10 update 1709

Hello Andre;

This work around did not resolve the issue either nor change any characteristics of the problem. The computer still goes into deep sleep after about 12 to 15 minutes into a game requiring a hard reset each time. And this sometimes results in a corrupted
    saved game file as well,.

To quickly recap. I can have my desktop computer on 24 hours a day, go online for work or play, Skype for hours, run applications like Office, Windows media player etc with no problems. Soon as I run a virus free computer game from my hard drive, such
    as HOG's, Fallout4 , Outlast, Ages of Empire etc, it goes into deep sleep.

So I removed my Gforce GT430 video card, reinstalled it and re-installed all updated drivers for it, and still no change.

I am thinking of uninstalling the latest windows update 1709. Also I don't no why the computer goes into sleep mode even when all settings say "never" sleep, never hibernate hibernate, never shutdown etc. There is something else overriding this.

Thank you for all your suggestions so far. i don't want to give up on this.

Brian

BrianSchofield1, Feb 4, 2024
Thema:

Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

1. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour - Similar Threads - Main monitor turn

2. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  3. Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running: This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine turning fans off, but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.When I click Power...
  4. Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running: This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine turning fans off, but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.When I click Power...
  5. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  6. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  7. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...
  9. Turn off main monitors while screencasting

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off main monitors while screencasting: Hi folks, hope someone will know how to do this: I have a pc with dual monitors, and I also connect to my projector as a 'wireless display' to watch movies. Is there some way I can turn off the computers main monitors while doing so? I tried some free software which I...
  10. Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off: hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 64 bit, i3 -7100 CPU with 4 GB RAM configuration , the problem I am facing is when I shutdown my laptop even after the screen turns off the cpu is running LED will glow, Fans will run for more than 5 Min , how should I solve it...