Windows 10: Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

Discus and support Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago I got a free 1080 monitor so I figured I'd hook it up as a 2nd monitor in addition to my 4k monitor. OG monitor is hooked up hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItsaMeAndy, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

A couple weeks ago I got a free 1080 monitor so I figured I'd hook it up as a 2nd monitor in addition to my 4k monitor. OG monitor is hooked up hdmi through a switcher so I can play ps4 as well. 2nd monitor is hooked up with displayport.All had been working fine until today. Flipped my hdmi switch from ps4 to pc and I got a black screen. Flipped back and forth, adjusted cables, nothing. 2nd monitor was off at this time. Turned on the 2nd monitor to see I could get anything on there and both monitors started displaying. Turn off 2 and the main goes black again. This is the case now, and I can't

:)

ItsaMeAndy, Apr 28, 2021
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Apr 28, 2021
  3. 2nd Monitor

I have been having trouble with my 2nd monitor but now I changed a setting trying to get it to work and something happened but now I can't access the dual settings to fix what I did because it turns my second monitor off

TheSneakinSpider, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

2nd monitor not working

My 2nd monitor was working fine. Now it is not. When I select display options, I am no longer given the option to extend the display. My 2nd monitor says it is not receiving input from my computer. It did just fine until a couple of days ago.

MICHAELMIQDADI, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

1. Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On - Similar Threads - Main Monitor Won't

2. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  3. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  4. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  5. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  7. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  8. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...
  9. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...
  10. 2nd monitor not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not working.: Hello, there! So, recently I got a 2nd monitor. Today I decided to set it up and all went as planned! My monitor turned on and went to my other monitors screen. Although, I cannot get it off my other monitors screen. They do the exact same thing and the 2nd one is...