Windows 10: Main monitor

Discus and support Main monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every once in a while my main monitor freezes. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop. I have to restart my graphics drivers every time this happens using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrWeeni101, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Main monitor

Every once in a while my main monitor freezes. I have an HP Pavilion Desktop. I have to restart my graphics drivers every time this happens using Win+Ctrl+Shift+B, and although this works, I am looking for a permanent fix, and an explanation to the problem. Looking this problem up only finds outdated forums, with you guessed it, outdated software. My main monitor isn't replaceable as it is the computer. If anybody can help that would be great.

Specs:

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    Ram: 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

If you need any other information regarding specs, just ask and tell me how to get there. I am pretty good with computers, but haven't had a reason to look into specs yet.

:)

MrWeeni101, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Main monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Main monitor

1. Main monitor - Similar Threads - Main monitor

2. why does copilot only open on my main monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does copilot only open on my main monitor?: I have attached a imgur link to a screenshot of my desktop. I am clicking the co pilot button on that second monitor as the co pilot is clearly telling me in the response in the screenshot. however as the screenshot clearly shows EXCLUSIVELY opens in the main monitor. I guess...
  3. why does copilot only open on my main monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does copilot only open on my main monitor?: I have attached a imgur link to a screenshot of my desktop. I am clicking the co pilot button on that second monitor as the co pilot is clearly telling me in the response in the screenshot. however as the screenshot clearly shows EXCLUSIVELY opens in the main monitor. I guess...
  4. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor no longer working after windows update: This morning I updated my pc but after coming back this afternoon it no longer recognizes my main monitor, only the second one. I've checked the cable, reinstalled drivers, reset the gpu, made sure the extend monitor setting is selected and more, yet my pc will no longer...
  5. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

Main monitor no longer working after windows update: This morning I updated my pc but after coming back this afternoon it no longer recognizes my main monitor, only the second one. I've checked the cable, reinstalled drivers, reset the gpu, made sure the extend monitor setting is selected and more, yet my pc will no longer...
  6. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  8. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  9. Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?: PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and an AMD Ryzen 7900XT GPU, two LG Ultragear 165hz 1440p monitorsTo summarize, I like to watch youtube while I play something low effort like cookie clicker, or have some stellaris going on the side. Problem is, whenever I open a game, whatever...
  10. Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?

Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?: PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and an AMD Ryzen 7900XT GPU, two LG Ultragear 165hz 1440p monitorsTo summarize, I like to watch youtube while I play something low effort like cookie clicker, or have some stellaris going on the side. Problem is, whenever I open a game, whatever...