Windows 10: Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

Discus and support Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My new laptop has a problem with staying either on the main screen or app after less than a minute of inaction. The screen dims and goes back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricJennings3, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

My new laptop has a problem with staying either on the main screen or app after less than a minute of inaction. The screen dims and goes back to the lock screen and I have to enter my pin number again. What's up with this?

:)

EricJennings3, Aug 29, 2020

2. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute [​IMG]

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

screen lock

We appreciate your response and the screenshots you provided! Since there's nothing wrong with the power options, we suggest that you check the screen saver. The screen saver might have been set to "Blank" with a timer of 1 minute. If it's set like that,
    simply change the "Blank" to "None". Here are the steps on how to change the screen saver settings:

• Go to Settings, then click Personalization.
    • Look for Lock screen, and select Screen saver settings.
    • In the Screen saver drop down, choose None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Once done, you can also restart your computer to make sure that the settings has been saved. Observe your computer and see if the issue persists.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

1. Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute - Similar Threads - Main Screen reverts

2. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  5. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute: [ATTACH] Posting my help request post here too since in my last post, I had someone help me. My lock screen doesn't work whenever I set my screen timeout in the Settings to anything more than 1 minute. It's happened for about a month now or so, after an update I think. My...
  7. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  8. Windows will shut down in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will shut down in less than a minute.: After installing a windows update a while back, I keep getting a pop-up every once in a while saying "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Sometimes it happens a few times in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for days. Also, Windows...
  9. Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen: About a week or so ago I changed my main display from my Surface Pro 6 screen to a screen attached using HDMI via the Microsoft Surface Dock. Since then I am not able to revert the main display back to the Pro if the external screen is attached. I have the 'extend displays'...
  10. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming: OK, so about a month ago i brought dark souls 3 and around 5 minutes into playing the game, my monitor displayed the "No connection found screen" and my headset cut off all my sound. I was on discord at the time and the people in the call said i just disconnected without...