Windows 10: main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up?

Discus and support main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up? Been through driver updates and system diagnostics. Tore it HP dv8t Pavilion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by linda0h, Dec 26, 2020.

1. linda0h Win User

main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up?

Been through driver updates and system diagnostics. Tore it HP dv8t Pavilion laptop apart to check connections and all is well.

any ideas?

:)

linda0h, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Mast342 Win User
    Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up? [​IMG]

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up? [​IMG]

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

Mast342, Dec 26, 2020
  4. main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up?

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. main speakers and audio jacks do not work, woffer does work, what's up? - Similar Threads - main speakers audio

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  4. My laptop speaker and audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop speaker and audio jack not working: Hi!My laptop speaker and audio jack suddenly stopped working at the same time, instead of sounds it's just crackles or popping sounds. When I'm using BlueTooth it's working fine. I've tried to update the drivers but nothing changed and when I use the default there's no sound...
  5. Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3: I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting the pc, checking to see if there are any other audio outputs connected there is not and have factory reset recovery the pc...
  6. audio jacks at the front panel do not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio jacks at the front panel do not work: [ATTACH] (newly built pc) So my green audio jack at the back seems to work ( whether I plug in a headset or speakers) but none of the other ones work for audio at the back (although I assume only the green one is for audio anyways so its probably fine). But, the front...
  7. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...
  8. Only main speaker working

Only main speaker working: For some reason just my main speaker works, so for example if I put my main speaker to left the left speaker will play vice versa. How can I fix that, I set them to stereo but they still dont work. I have the MACKIE CR4 Speaker submitted by /u/ComaBeats [link] [comments]...
  9. What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?

What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?: Hi so on my new asus vivobook s15 S532FL the audio jack sound is really flat with next to no bass even at full volume( does not even get loud) I have really good Sony earbuds that sound amazing with lots of bass and get really loud on my s9. The speakers on this laptop are...
  10. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...