Windows 10: Main User Account missing, I need to restore

Discus and support Main User Account missing, I need to restore in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know what I did but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Werewolf195, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Main User Account missing, I need to restore

I don't know what I did but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts at login or in the user accounts control panel. I've activated and verified that the missing user accounts are active by using net user "username" /active:yes command prompt. The user's folder's are still on the hard drive. Any suggestions?

:)

Werewolf195, Jun 9, 2019

2. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Main User Account missing, I need to restore

User account missing

Hi Sara,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the user account folders are present in Users folders.

Follow the below steps

In C drive, go to users folder and check if the user account folders are present.

If it is present create a new account and transfer the folders to new account.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Main User Account missing, I need to restore

1. Main User Account missing, I need to restore - Similar Threads - Main User Account

2. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user: To put it simply, to bypass screen time limits I logged into my father's account on the computer. When I accidentally signed into the Microsoft store with my microsoft account, windows decided that that would be the main microsoft account for that windows user. When I go to...
  3. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user: To put it simply, to bypass screen time limits I logged into my father's account on the computer. When I accidentally signed into the Microsoft store with my microsoft account, windows decided that that would be the main microsoft account for that windows user. When I go to...
  4. Need help changing the main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  6. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user: So recently, to use the computer after screen time limits, I logged in to my father's account on the computer. After a while of using it, I accidentally signed into the microsoft store, and then the main Microsoft Account for that user was set to my Microsoft Account. That...
  7. Need help changing main microsoft account of a windows user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...
  9. TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account: After Updating automatically, my PC is showing the TEMP User, not my user account. I can't get to my user account. Help! Files are all on my PC, but I can't access them in the TEMP User mode. How do I restore my settings to my own User account? Thank you in advance....
  10. Windows 10 1803 Main User Account suddenly missing, Switch User not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 Main User Account suddenly missing, Switch User not available: This is an old HP Pavillion DV7 Laptop that I still get good use out of with Visual Studio 2017. Summary: the "Main" User Account only appeared to be missing, and was able to be restored easily with all files intact, but NOT with anything I found searching Microsoft Forums!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is my user button

2. windows 10 switch user account missing

3. user missing after creating admin