Windows 10: Mainboard/Hardware issue or not?

Discus and support Mainboard/Hardware issue or not? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until a month or so ago, everything was running smoothly. Now I am having issues with web browsing, its actually very very slow. I have a fast fibre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Logicearl, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Logicearl Win User

Mainboard/Hardware issue or not?

Up until a month or so ago, everything was running smoothly. Now I am having issues with web browsing, its actually very very slow. I have a fast fibre connection may I add. Slow browsing is the same whatever browser I use.

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem lies with either the mainboard of some other hardware.

Hardware setup.
    I have a cat5 cable connected to the onboard NIC of the Asus Maximus VII Impact mainboard (latest BIOS installed). The other end of the cat5 cable is connected to a FritzBox 7390 router.

The pc has two identical Cruicial MX200 500Gb internal SSD drives.
    2 x 8Gb stick of Crucial DDR3 memmory.
    The graphics is driven by the onboard Intel chip. I did have a Sapphire R9 graphics card installed, but have since removed it, as I was still having the same issue.
    Power wise, there is a 750w BeQuiet PSU.
    All of this is connected to a 24" Dell Monitor.

What I have done so far:
    If I connect the cat5 cable to the only onboard NIC connector, web browsing is very very slow.
    If I plug in a PCi-E NIC and connect the cat5 cable to that, web browsing is still very very slow.
    If I connect the same cat5 cable to a laptop, then web browsing is perfect.
    If I now run the latest Ubuntu from a USB stick on the PC, then web browsing is again perfect.

Any one have any idea(s) as to what maybe the issue, or have any other ideas as to what to do next?

TIA

:)

Logicearl, Apr 23, 2017

2. My pc won't turn back on

That's a hardware issue. Figure out if it is a power issue, mainboard issue, etc.

Shenan Stanley, Apr 23, 2017
  3. Cybot Win User
    SetupHost.exe crashes when running upgrade. 0xc0000005

I noticed that both the OP's mainboard and my mom's laptop are made by ASUS. I assume the mainboard of the laptop is also made by ASUS. I wonder if the is some sort of issue caused by using ASUS hardware

Cybot, Apr 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a few random thoughts:
    - are you using the same DNS in both cases?
    - is your PC CPU/disk/internet usage when nominally idle minimal?
    - have you tried disabling any AV on your PC for test purposes?
    - presumably you're not using a proxy or VPN on your PC
    - if you run a test on your broadband speed, is it what you expect?
    - is there any difference if you ping your ISP in both cases?
    How to Ping Your ISP | Techwalla.com

dalchina, Apr 23, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    1. You should be using at the minimum is cat5e but preferable cat 6
    2. 99.9% of browser slowness is with the ISP; if it's across the board as you say it is. It could be any number of reasons for that....maintenance, outage: that may have a switch over to DSL....any numbers of reasons.

Sometimes with browsers slowness is the browsers themselves (become corrupted in some fashion). To many extensions running or a bad extension. The browsers have been hijacked with malware/spyware which happens all the time.

Sometimes the system itself can have a virus/malware/spyware that can cause this type of issue.

I would uninstall all your browsers (3rd party browsers: Chrome/FireFox), then check your system for viruses and malware/spyware. Then download a fresh copy of your 3rd party browsers and reinstall them.

Plankton, Apr 23, 2017
  6. Logicearl Win User
    Thanks for the info *Wink
    It would seem I have had to disable a number of things within Windows, as well as remove Firefox, and PIA, as they were slowing browsing down to a crawl. I don't know why, because until only recently, they were all running, and browsing wasn't an issue. I'll see how this goes, and then decide if I want to carry on using windows.

Logicearl, Apr 23, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    What does speedtest.net show?

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

A couple of thoughts:

Check in your BIOS/UEFI settings under Advanced Tab > Onboard Devices Configuration and look to see if only the LAN Controller is enabled, and not the LAN PXE OPROM also.

Then check to be sure you have the correct LAN driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website for your motherboard and that you have the most current one.

Then go into Device Manager and Uninstall the Network Adapter for the LAN and restart the computer. Windows will reinstall the adapter with the most recent driver upon restart.
    See if that helps.

The fact that the adapter works as expected in Ubuntu, and that your Windows laptop has no problems with your LAN, leads me to guess that the problem must be in the driver or the hardware installation in Windows.

9. Logicearl Win User

Mainboard/Hardware issue or not? [​IMG]

Logicearl, Apr 24, 2017
  10. Logicearl Win User
    Will check in the morrow, thanks.

Logicearl, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Your screenshot shows 69.30Mbps [Mega bits per second], the fastest I can get if I go to Cable/Broadband is 60Mbps, I'm now on Wireless DSL at 5Mbps. A lot depends upon what your subscription is with your ISP/Internet Service Provider, always with slowness issues check with the ISP to see if you are getting what you are paying for. If that is what they are providing to the Modem then check your hardware and if no problems check your software. Usually helps to have a second computer to check its performance.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mainboard/Hardware issue or not? - Similar Threads - Mainboard Hardware issue

2. Hardware issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue: Ive been having a issue with my computer in which while it happens mostly when I play minecraft. However, it does occasionally happen when im just doing whatever, ive tried to repair my firmware still happend and deleted alienware command center because from what I've heard...
  3. Hardware issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue: I bought an external hard drive recently. Anytime I have to access the content on it, I have to open a shortcut the drive has created before I'm able to access the contents. Is this normal?Why can't I access the contents directly but have to open a shortcut before?...
  4. Hardware issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware issue: I bought an external hard drive recently. Anytime I have to access the content on it, I have to open a shortcut the drive has created before I'm able to access the contents. Is this normal?Why can't I access the contents directly but have to open a shortcut before?...
  5. Hardware issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Swapping mainboards. Activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping mainboards. Activation?: Hi, I'm getting a used mainboard that I need to test. I will put it temporarily in my PC, see if everything works, and then put the original mainboard back into the pc. Will this affect the Windows product activation? Right now, Windows is telling me that it is activated with...
  7. Hardware Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware Issue: My dad has a Sony VAIO Duo 13. His Sony VAIO Duo 13 will turn off if the charger isn't plug. This computer is at 100% Is there a way so the tablet can function without the charger plugged in 24/7? Can anyone fix this? submitted by /u/OrangeJuiceKitten [link] [comments]...
  8. hardware issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hardware issue: my english isn't the best but i'll try to explain . Beschrijving Een probleem met de hardware heeft ervoor gezorgd dat Windows niet meer goed werkt. Probleem met handtekening Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffe6833c4c5010...
  9. Hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware issue: I just installed a new wireless mouse (Microsoft) and now my wireless keyboard won't work. What can I do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-issue/3bf2aac9-bce6-4f6f-af9b-1ece71b2f577
  10. hardware issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardware issues: I have hp laptop and my usb 2.0 port is not working properly, Its getting connected when i connect it with my phone and within 1 sec its getting disconnect and its keep going on. I have tried all the possible solution like troubleshooting, uninstalling the usb drivers and...