Windows 10: Maintain Restore Points

Discus and support Maintain Restore Points in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have noticed with my Windows 10 version 1903 Dell PC ... that I lose restore points even though I have reserved adequate space for it in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linda1976, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Linda1976 Win User

Maintain Restore Points

Hello. I have noticed with my Windows 10 version 1903 Dell PC ... that I lose restore points even though I have reserved adequate space for it in my hard drive.

I understand Windows 10 only retains restore point for 90 days.

But I am not seeing restore points remain for even 90 days.

Since I have a Dell .. it comes with the optimizing support package .. Dell Support Assist. I have been told that using it may remove restore points in an effort to optimize my computer .. gain more space in my computer. I have deliberately not run it.. for a while to see if that does work. It seemed to.

Until the regular monthly Windows updates. I understand that when you have a feature change... a feature update ... it deletes the old restore points because Windows 10 is a different version after a feature update.

My question is.. does a cumulative window 10 update that changes your build number also delete restore points?

:)

Linda1976, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Maintain Restore Points :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CMaintain Restore Points :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CMaintain Restore Points :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Maintain Restore Points

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Maintain Restore Points

1. Maintain Restore Points - Similar Threads - Maintain Restore Points

2. restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore point: doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/46cf77d1-39a5-45ac-9ced-4bd077a90a6c
  3. Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points: My PC with Windows 10 used to set up a Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update, now it does not. How can I change that back to an automatic Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update?...
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  5. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  6. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  7. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  8. Restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point: How do i delete only selected restore points, not all prior ones. I want to do this without installing added apps like ccleaner, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/6cf4c430-3850-4438-9a81-c35871e0e10f
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...