Windows 10: Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.

Discus and support Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1. I have a good collection of pictures in one folder My Pictures Main, with many sub folders on a second hard disk Disk D of my PC, ie not on Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sarath Chand, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.

1. I have a good collection of pictures in one folder My Pictures Main, with many sub folders on a second hard disk Disk D of my PC, ie not on Drive C. I keep adding pictures to this collection.

2. In order to avoid loss of these pictures, I have a copy of this main folder My Pictures Main on yet another internal hard disk Disk E. Updating this backup folder manually each time is a very cumbersome process. Is it possible to auto sync or, auto update these two folders which are on two different internal hard disks?

:)

Sarath Chand, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Ramakumar Win User

Re-activating windows 10 after installing new motherboard and an additional internal hard disk

I upgraded to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7.

Recently I had to change my motherboard. Further I also installed an additional internal hard disk with windows 7. Now the windows 10 installed in the original hard disk needs re-activation. Troubleshooting did not solve the issue. I am not able to re-activate
    the digital license.

Do I need to did-connect the additional hard disk with windows 7 OS?

Please help me.

Ramakumar, May 23, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Need help to solve EROR COPYING FILE OR FOLDER. THE REQUESTED RESOURCE IS IN USE.

Hello,

To help you better provide us with the below information.

• Is the issue specific to these two devices?
    • Have you tried copying the files for a different Hard disk or Tried copying the file in in a different computer?
    • Are you able to copy the files from your computer to the hard disk?
    You could possible facing this issue because:

• Either your cell Phone or hard disk is being used to run/play some file on these devices.
    • Either cell phone or hard disk is locked.
    • Preview pane is opened in any of the devices.

So suggest you to keep the devices unlocked, close the preview pane and do not run any files within the devices check if it helps in addressing the issue.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, May 23, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.

1. Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk. - Similar Threads - Maintaining additional copy

2. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving to an additional internal hard drive: My current desktop running Windows 10 has 2TB of storage. I work with rather large files and there are a lot of them. I installed an additional internal 2TB hard drive. I thought I had changed the setting to have all new content saved onto the new drive, but it still saves...
  3. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to an additional internal hard drive: My current desktop running Windows 10 has 2TB of storage. I work with rather large files and there are a lot of them. I installed an additional internal 2TB hard drive. I thought I had changed the setting to have all new content saved onto the new drive, but it still saves...
  4. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks: when i finished initializing the brand new drive it appears in "This PC" as drive with a disk on top of it , like a disk drive almost can someone explain this to me ? thanks...
  6. Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks: when i finished initializing the brand new drive it appears in "This PC" as drive with a disk on top of it , like a disk drive almost can someone explain this to me ? thanks...
  7. Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vyomkhare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo12ce/internal_hard_disk_drive_import_failed_please_help/
  8. Copying files across 2 hard disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files across 2 hard disks: Hello, I have successfully copied about 500GB of files from a hard disk containing 800GB to a 2nd hard disk. But I now need to copy the other 300GB onto a 3rd hard disk. So what I want to know is if there is an XCOPY command or something similar to copy all files from the...
  9. Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10: I have brought a 10TB SATA3 hard disk, but didn't show up on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-additional-hard-disk-on-windows-10/5dbf93bc-f5b2-4028-b0dc-74a981c4c3db
  10. My internal Hard Disk is unallocated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My internal Hard Disk is unallocated: Hi , I just added a new (with data ) 1TB Hard Disk to my computer with Windows 10 pro, but the computer make that SATA DISK1 with D: and F: was now Unallocated . C: is SSD windows and E: CD DVBD ROM. New hdd SATA is DISK2 with I: and J: partition working correctly....