Windows 10: Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

Discus and support Maintaining different display configurations for different docks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2 which I use at home and at work. In both locations, I connect to a Surface Dock. At home I have a monitor connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Warrior Won, May 22, 2019.

1. Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

I have a Surface Book 2 which I use at home and at work. In both locations, I connect to a Surface Dock. At home I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned to the left side of my PC. At work I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned on the right side of my PC.

For years, my PC (even when it wasn't a Surface Book and even in prior versions of Windows for that matter) would remember the configuration for each docking station, yet within the last month or so that is no longer the case. Now whenever I move the PC from one dock to the other, it does not remember the configuration for that dock, and I must manually use the Display Settings to rearrange the displays to the proper configuration.

How can I set up Windows 10 to again remember the display configuration for each Surface Dock?

:)

Warrior Won, May 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 different display scaling on different resolution

Hi,

So I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 docking station and a full HD Dell monitor.

The Dell monitor is connected to the docking station.

Windows 10 allows me to set different scaling for different display.

So in Surface Pro 3, I set the display scaling to 150%.

When connected to the docking, I set the Dell monitor display scaling to 100%.

It works without any issue.

However when I un-dock my Surface Pro 3 from the docking station, the scaling in my Surface Pro 3 will looks like 100% although in display setting it show 150%.

The desktop icon is very small and all the programs run in 100% scaling.

Sign in and sign out my account OR restart will solve the issue but it is very annoying.

I have another Surface 3 that is having the same issue. So I think that this is a Windows 10 bug.

Anyone can help on this?

intrious.seongliyn, May 22, 2019
  3. JonnyF007 Win User
    different displays on dual monitors

I am running dual BenQ monitors from my surface pro 4 dock.

Despite identical setting on the monitors themselves, the displays are different.

Its very had to read text right hand monitor.

changing the cables doesn't make a difference.

Help!

JonnyF007, May 22, 2019
  4. Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

Microsoft Display Dock as "USB Hub"

Hello guys

I've a Microsoft Display Dock but no need to use it with my Lumia 950 - BUT: I'm searching for an USB Type C or Thunderbolt 3 Dock anyway. So hey, I could use my Microsoft Display Dock for that!

But when I plug it in, I get the message "Try improving the USB connection / DisplayPort connection might not work. Try using a different cable"

Some Facts in advance:

• Laptop is a Dell Precision 5510 with USB Type C / Thunderbolt 3
    • Windows 10 Enterprise is installed
    • I use the original cables
    • USB Ports of the Display Dock work fine
    • DisplayPort and HDMI do not work (as the error message says)

Any idea how to get it to work? Is it possible to "daisy chain" the dock?

Thanks a lot,

Manuel

Manuel Bauer, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

1. Maintaining different display configurations for different docks - Similar Threads - Maintaining different display

2. How to ease free seating & different docking stations / different monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ease free seating & different docking stations / different monitors: Hi guys, we recently renovated our office premises and we've gone from dedicated offices to open scenery & free seating. Which initially is giving a bit of headache for the employees whenever they switch seat, and have to readjust screen resolution etc all the time. Not all...
  3. How to ease free seating & different docking stations / different monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to ease free seating & different docking stations / different monitors: Hi guys, we recently renovated our office premises and we've gone from dedicated offices to open scenery & free seating. Which initially is giving a bit of headache for the employees whenever they switch seat, and have to readjust screen resolution etc all the time. Not all...
  4. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  5. Display borders for different sized displays.

Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  6. Servers with same configuration perform differently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Servers with same configuration perform differently: We have 2 VMs- SERVER A and SERVER B, both has 64 GB of RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690. SERVER A has 16 CPUs and SERVER B has 24 CPUs. We are facing performance issue with the SERVER B. Example 1: A process that runs for about 6 hours in SERVER A, takes about 9 hours to run in...
  7. Servers with same configuration perform differently

Servers with same configuration perform differently: We have 2 VMs- SERVER A and SERVER B, both has 64 GB of RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690. SERVER A has 16 CPUs and SERVER B has 24 CPUs. We are facing performance issue with the SERVER B. Example 1: A process that runs for about 6 hours in SERVER A, takes about 9 hours to run in...
  8. differing Monitor displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    differing Monitor displays: My two expansion monitors used to display the same background as my main one in extended mode. the main display is the same but the extras only show a Black background...
  9. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use different taskbar locations on different displays: When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties....
  10. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...