Windows 10: Maintenance and updates !

Discus and support Maintenance and updates ! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, May 14, 2022.

1. Maintenance and updates !

At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart virtually straight away. Is it possible to have all these checks and updates done before I get up in the morning ? I have the Power sleep set to never on battery and plugged in. Will I always have to "restart" manually irrespective of any settings ? Slightly confused ! Most of my friends don't seem to check for updates unt

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, May 14, 2022

2. Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to update storage controller drivers.

• Install the latest storage controller driver.
    • Go to Device Manager > Storage Controllers, right clicked on the listed drivers and select
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 pro(updated from Win 7 Professionals)

Hi Sheshan,

Thank you for updating on the status.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Maintenance and updates !

Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Maintenance and updates !

1. Maintenance and updates ! - Similar Threads - Maintenance updates

2. windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.: please help me my Security & Maintenance could not start. It all started when i was downloading a pirate game but then i saw my security & maintenance could not open please help. I deleted the game. I tried opening "services.msc" but could not find "security Center"...
  3. Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix: I've seen someone have a similar issue, but I can't verify that we have the same issue.Laptop occasionally blue screens, then boots into BIOS, and repeatedly boots into bios unless you hold down another key as it boots. Percussive maintenance i.e. hitting the laptop with my...
  4. Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix: I've seen someone have a similar issue, but I can't verify that we have the same issue.Laptop occasionally blue screens, then boots into BIOS, and repeatedly boots into bios unless you hold down another key as it boots. Percussive maintenance i.e. hitting the laptop with my...
  5. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  6. Windows 10 update broke my wifes system. Does not boot. Not even from maintenance partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update broke my wifes system. Does not boot. Not even from maintenance partition.: W10 said to me: we have updates, do you want to update now? Sure, why not. Big mistake. It run for 1.5 hours slowly progressing the update. I worked in another room on another PC! And than it rebooted. It showed yet another blue screen with updating percentage...
  7. Help with maintenance/updating my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with maintenance/updating my laptop: I have a Inspiron 17R It has a I7 processor etc and I love it it runs great, I bought it back in 2012 and through the years its gotten slower on me, im fine with that since now I use it to store photos and work on programs etc. My main issue: is that right now it just...
  8. Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?: After researching, I'm still not sure if under Security & Maintenance "automatic maintenance" setting updates just applications or if it also will install OS updates. Thank you. P.S. Running ver 1903 (64b) 144111
  9. Win10 ver 1703 15063.413 - Never auto checks for update or maintenance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 ver 1703 15063.413 - Never auto checks for update or maintenance: Hi Everyone, We have recently started moving our workstations to Windows 10. I have a hand full of machines that are working great for the most part. My only issue so far is that some never auto check for windows updates. I have everything set to download and install. I...
  10. Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update: Hello, My windows 10 was restarting with regular updates as usual. The update was done and I logged in to find that all the installed programs are still installed but not working. They don't even appear in the program list. All the program files are still intact though....