Windows 10: Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 5 different Windows PCs (4 desktops, 1 laptop) and I am have issues with volume on a few different Bluetooth audio devices. I have a Logitech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimmyl_82104, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs

I have 5 different Windows PCs (4 desktops, 1 laptop) and I am have issues with volume on a few different Bluetooth audio devices. I have a Logitech Bluetooth Adapter and Apple AirPods with issues (only present on Windows 10). The volume wouldn't change in Windows, so I read to disable Absolute Volume. That made it work, but then caused more problems. With Absolute Volume disabled, my AirPods were really quiet. I read to enable Absolute Volume. Shit.

TLDR: With Absolute Volume enabled, I can't change the volume on my bluetooth audio adapter, but with it disabled, my AirPods are really quiet. Is there a way I can have BOTH work fine (ya know, how it SHOULD BE)?

Note: It's not computer specific, these problems occur on 5 windows 10 devices so this is obviously a flaw with windows itself.

Note 2: The bluetooth devices are not the issue. They work fine on MacOS and iOS.

submitted by /u/jimmyl_82104
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimmyl_82104, Dec 21, 2020

2. Bluetooth in windows 10

If the op is using the pc listed in the system spec then the gigabyte z97x gaming 5 mobo does not have built in BlueTooth.

It also seems like the headphones did not come with a dongle so inless they buy one not much else can be done.

animal007uk, Dec 21, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Dec 21, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs

1. Major Bluetooth issues with Absolute Volume on 5 different Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Major Bluetooth issues

2. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue: My headset is suddenly having issues I never had before. I wasn't able to adjust the volume at all, so I had to go in the registry and set the disable absolute volume to 1This let me adjust the volume again, but now my top volume is basically just the normal level and I can't...
  3. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue: My headset is suddenly having issues I never had before. I wasn't able to adjust the volume at all, so I had to go in the registry and set the disable absolute volume to 1This let me adjust the volume again, but now my top volume is basically just the normal level and I can't...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth Absolute Volume issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. major Bluetooth issue under windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    major Bluetooth issue under windows 11: the bluetooth is no longer present on my computer and I tried to uninstall the driver which was hidden??! but now it doesn't reinstall it after reboot. I am on a lenovo flex 5 under windows 11;...
  6. major Bluetooth issue under windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    major Bluetooth issue under windows 11: the bluetooth is no longer present on my computer and I tried to uninstall the driver which was hidden??! but now it doesn't reinstall it after reboot. I am on a lenovo flex 5 under windows 11;...
  7. Absolute volume and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolute volume and Bluetooth: Is there any fix to be able to control Bluetooth speakers via the OS? This has been broken for a year now and I cannot find a permanent way around it. The registry fix is not working anymore, at least not for me. Bluetooth goodies have an app to fix this but it's insane that...
  8. How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Absolute Volume on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Bluetooth Headphones, as you know, connect to your phone wirelessly. This ability enables you to talk on the phone or listen to music without using wires or cords. You can even adjust the volume of a left or right speaker. [...] This post How to disable...
  9. Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5: I'm having what seems to be a very specific issue. Whenever I lower the volume to below 5, the sound completely cuts out of my Bluetooth headphones. I've tried: updating, deleting, reinstalling, and changing the drivers associated with the device; altering every setting in...
  10. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I turn my laptop on it takes ages to load. When it does finally loud up I encounter a serious problem. I have no icons on my desktop and the date/time is also missing. The taskbar is completely black apart from the start...