Windows 10: Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

Discus and support Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP! LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. This problem starts when Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. I purchased a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brom Nader, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

PLEASE HELP! LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

This problem starts when Windows 10 is updated to the latest version.

I purchased a Lenovo A540 all-in-one desktop with a built-in camera in November 2020. Comes with the latest Windows 10.

Camera seems to work in all apps. But in zoom video comes on for a short while, then it drops the video after a few minutes and video is turned off. I turn video back on, and again, video is dropped after a few random minutes. I have to manually turn the video on at least 10 times, during a single zoom call.

This is no longer funny. Why has Microsoft NOT FIXED THIS PROBLEM or at least tell us HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? THOUSANDS of people are suffering from this bug.

Privacy for Zoom has been turned on, and zoom has access to the integrated camera. The instruction to go to Lenovo Vantage and turn privacy off does not work either. There is no privacy button in Lenovo Vantage. Updating driver does not help, it says I have the latest drivers. The instruction to change the registry does not help. Makes no difference. I don't have an anti-virus except for Windows Defender. Turning Defender off makes no difference.

The camera seems to work normally otherwise.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

Brom Nader, Feb 9, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Camera Problem

What fixed my tablet camera app was to backup the camera drivers if you don't have them available. There is a dism /online /export-driver command for that. Uninstall the camera from device manager, uninstall the drivers as well (check the box to uninstall drivers if it is there). Remove the camera app from Windows 10:
    How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

Reinstall the camera in device manager. Then reinstall the Windows 10 camera app using same link above.

NavyLCDR, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 9, 2021
  4. goblinbox Win User

Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From How to use the Camera app:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on...

1. Major camera problem for built-in cameras desktop & laptop. Camera works with apps but on... - Similar Threads - Major camera problem

2. Built in camera not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built in camera not working: hi, today I tried to on my camera by it shows nothing and my laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad e14 also I tried all the suggestions except the one with deleting the drives and everything is fine including the light beside the camera.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Laptop built in camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop built in camera not working: My laptop camera is not working. error code 0xA00F4244<NoCameraAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-built-in-camera-not-working/2b90a6f7-f1a6-4294-ba55-a1202bda2ee2
  4. Laptop's built-in camera not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's built-in camera not working: Whenever I try to use my laptop's built in camera, it just shows a black screen. There is no error message, just a black screen where the video feed should be. I have tried third-party websites and apps that use the camera to see if it was just the Windows app, and I had the...
  5. Built in camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in camera not working: I tried taking a picture on my laptop and it just shows a grey screen with the camera logo with a cancel over it. Its a built in camera and my camera settings are turned on. How do I fix it?...
  6. Built in camera not working

Built in camera not working: I have an Asus Q500 laptop with a built in camera. The Windows camera app can't find the camera and there is no camera driver installed for me to update. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-not-working/9b3c96c9-78d3-404f-b009-30446baa42b2
  7. Laptop built in camera

Laptop built in camera: My laptop can't find the built in camera. In device manager it has been replaced by the printer. Repeated attempts to remove it from the list have failed, it just repopulates each time. Scan for hardware changes also fails to change anything. I am now at a loss what to do....
  8. built-in camera not working

built-in camera not working: I'm using an Acer predator laptop 2018. After updating to the latest windows my camera stopped working and is showing error code: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 I've had this problem for around a year now...
  9. built in camera on laptop

built in camera on laptop: I cant take pics or any videos all of a sudden. It keeps showing me this symbol of a camera with a line going through it saying "front facing only. " It just doesn't do anything else . what does this mean ? Thanks. Peter...
  10. work the built in camera

work the built in camera: I am new to Microsoft. I got a Fusion tablet with Windows 10 on it, browser, cameras, etc. I like it, but I don't know how to work the cameras. I want to take an online video interview, but only the rear camera was activated. So I want to simply test the cameras myself and...