Windows 10: Major Data Breach

Discus and support Major Data Breach in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just been alerted to this data breach of email addresses and passwords https://www.troyhunt.com/ive-just-ad...-i-been-pwned/ I've changed any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Major Data Breach

Steve C, Feb 25, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Why am I being forced to allow Microsoft access to my speech data to use speech recognition on my phone?

The speech recognition is a cloud-powered tool. It sends your voice to Microsoft servers to parse and sends the result back down to the phone. The result is less processing power taken on the phone, and the ability to improve speech without needing an update
    on the phone.

The exception is voice dialing. That happens locally, no sending the command to the cloud.

There is no privacy breach since a breach means something is being broken. A breach If you don't like the terms of use for the service, don't use the service. Microsoft does not use the collected data to contact or identify you. You can read their
    Privacy Statement, something that also linked to on the phone in that settings menu, to know how Microsoft uses data it collects.

Entegy, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Windows Phone Developer Has Created App That Installs In System Settings

Tom Brad95 I have reported it numerous times, selecting each of the options. I am marking your first reply as the
    Answer to uninstalling the app but the underlying issue of a developer installing a non OEM app in System Settings is still a major security breach. Thanks again for the link.

MrMikeBarrett, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Major Data Breach

Link is to a blog and I personally don't take any stock in blogs. If it goes national then I'll take heed of aforementioned warning. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Plankton, Feb 28, 2018
  5. TheSchaft Win User
    While this is a blog post, the blog owner, Troy Hunt, has been running the site "Have I Been Pwned?" for a number of years and has a good security rep. Worth checking out.

(FWIW, he is a Microsoft MVP and Microsoft Regional Director in AU.)

TheSchaft, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Major Data Breach

1. Major Data Breach - Similar Threads - Major Data Breach

2. Birloxker data breach

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Birloxker data breach: HiToday I saw a adv online regarding the vulnerability of bitlocker in Windows laptop.This is the link:https://www.hackster.io/news/thomas-roth-breaks-microsoft-s-bitlocker-in-under-a-minute-with-a-4-raspberry-pi-pico-6ac738e6ec77Should I pit a serious attention to this...
  3. Birloxker data breach

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Birloxker data breach: HiToday I saw a adv online regarding the vulnerability of bitlocker in Windows laptop.This is the link:https://www.hackster.io/news/thomas-roth-breaks-microsoft-s-bitlocker-in-under-a-minute-with-a-4-raspberry-pi-pico-6ac738e6ec77Should I pit a serious attention to this...
  4. Data Breach

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Breach: Hello, "This is not the reply for the Question" Three days ago, i received a mail, today i was checking my spam mailbox i found a mailed that is threating me and asking for money for if i will not agree with them they will spread my data on social media because they have my...
  5. Data Breach

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Breach: Hello, "This is not the reply for the Question" Three days ago, i received a mail, today i was checking my spam mailbox i found a mailed that is threating me and asking for money for if i will not agree with them they will spread my data on social media because they have my...
  6. Data Breach

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. The 773 Million Record "Collection #1" Data Breach

in Windows 10 News
    The 773 Million Record "Collection #1" Data Breach: Many people will land on this page after learning that their email address has appeared in a data breach I've called "Collection #1". Most of them won't have a tech background or be familiar with the concept of credential stuffing so I'm going to write this post for the...
  8. Another Major Email & Password Breach

Another Major Email & Password Breach: See https://www.wired.com/story/collecti...nts-passwords/ Is there any way to find out on which sites your address has been compromised? 125443
  9. Security Breach

Security Breach: These people have access to my Microsoft. I believe they changed the password. They have my password. I need assistance with changing my password. It will not give me access to change for thirty 30 days. As you can see they will have access to my information if I don't...
  10. Hackers and passwords: Your guide to data breaches

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers and passwords: Your guide to data breaches: When companies tell you your data was stolen, it's not always clear what really happened. Here's what the terms mean. But you don't need to be a lawyer or a computer science expert to decipher them. Before you skip down to the part where they offer you free credit...