Windows 10: Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes

Discus and support Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi im really in need of assistance. My computer always has FPS spikes every time i update windows 10 and its causing me to lose my mind because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yiphao jin, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes

Hi im really in need of assistance. My computer always has FPS spikes every time i update windows 10 and its causing me to lose my mind because it affects my work when im on video calls and when when i want to chill and play some games but i cant because my FPS dips to 5-10 frames per second every 5 to 10 minutes. Previously i followed some game DVR steps and it worked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMvCbtbi_dQ&ab_channel=MDTechVideos . But a week ago my computer was forced to go through the windows update after denying the update for more than a week. So now my computer is back to its laggy state with FPS spikes all the time. When there is no fps spike my computer is really smooth and the sounds work can still be heard clearly. Please recommend me on what i should do as im in a hellish week for work as well

:)

yiphao jin, Sep 14, 2020
  2. stac Win User

Massive FPS Lag And GPU Spikes

I've recently noticed that when running games like Minecraft and League of Legends, the FPS stutters and drops suddenly. This problem only started a few weeks ago - before that it ran fine. I usually average around 90FPS in Minecraft and 70FPS in League, but during the spikes it drops to 5-10FPS. The spikes used to only occur every few seconds and went away after a while, but now they're frequent and make trying to play near impossible.

I opened up Task Manager when running Minecraft, and the GPU constantly spikes from around 30% to up to 90%, causing the drops. Most of the GPU usage is from Java running, and the spikes are from it as well. Running on Windows 10, I already have Optifine installed on Minecraft. The problem only occurs in fullscreen.

Things I've already tried:

• Uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers
    • Cleaned out junk files
    • Uninstall and reinstall games
    • Close background programs, end tasks in Task Manager
    • Ran multiple antivirus scans using AVG, MalwareBytes and Adaware(no problems found)

Specs:

3. Lag Spikes

I'm not sure if this goes into gaming or networking but since it seems more network related Ill post it here.

I have a Belkin usb wireless adapter I use with my gaming rig (see specs.) Lately when I am gaming online everything runs awesome. 60 or less ping no matter what. However about every few minutes I get a really bad lag spike. The game freezes completely for a second and as you well know a 5 second delay in a FPS firefight equals death. Its become quite annoying. Any suggestions other than running an ethernet cord across my house?

TheMailMan78, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes

1. Major FPS lag spikes every 5-10 minutes - Similar Threads - Major FPS lag

2. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  3. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  4. 5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins: This issue began a few months ago and is persisting to this day. The only information I have on this subject is that the lag spikes are on the computer's side and that they occur every 1min30sec to 2mins. I've tried network resetting to no avail, unfortunately. If anyone can...
  5. 5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins: This issue began a few months ago and is persisting to this day. The only information I have on this subject is that the lag spikes are on the computer's side and that they occur every 1min30sec to 2mins. I've tried network resetting to no avail, unfortunately. If anyone can...
  6. 5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Major FPS lag spikes after updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major FPS lag spikes after updating windows: [ATTACH] Hi im really in need of assistance. My computer always has FPS spikes every time i update windows 10 and its causing me to lose my mind because it affects my work when im on video calls and when when i want to chill and play some games but i cant because my FPS...
  8. Random Lag/Stutter Spike every 30 Minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Lag/Stutter Spike every 30 Minutes: So for about a week now, I started noticing that every single time the clock reaches 30 or 00 for any hour of the day, my entire computer will stutter for about a full second no matter what app I may be running. Audio keeps running as if nothing happened but anything...
  9. Windows 10 Fps/Lag once every minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fps/Lag once every minute: Hi everyone, ive had a Problem since a circa a week. My System freezes for half a second once every minute on the clock.(Incedentally the time it takes for the hardware monitor graphs on the Task manager to cycle once) It manifests in Fps Drop and Gpu utilization drop, as...
  10. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741