Windows 10: Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...

Discus and support Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After recently having the Microsoft account that I have as my administrator account on windows 10 computer hacked and the password changed, I felt it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jfain11, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...

After recently having the Microsoft account that I have as my administrator account on windows 10 computer hacked and the password changed, I felt it would be a good idea to create a new account and remove the old administrator account.

I backed up all my files such as my desktop, pictures, and videos, then removed the account. Now on my new account, I have noticed that many of my files are telling me that I need admin permission to edit them. I have also noticed that in games such as Rocket League and Fifa 21 there have been extreme freezes and frame drops when booting the game or going into loading screens. These issues were completely non-existent before I changed administrator accounts, so I am wondering if these freezes may have something to do with not having administrator privileges?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I no clue how administrator accounts function on windows and also do not know what could be causing these performance issues.

submitted by /u/jfain11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jfain11, Mar 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Windows 10 game stuttering

Not sure what game(s) are giving you this problem but in my experience with Flt. Sim X, I have had similar issues of stuttering and game lag/freezes. Hopefully, others will call in with their suggestions, but mine are:

1. For stutters: happens when my processor isn't able to read/process the graphics on the screen fast enough. As I approach high density airports, I get minor stutters and drop in frame rates. This is due to low processor speed (3.4 ghz) and depleted
    VAS (Virtual Address Space) required to run the game smoothly. Solution: increasing my frames to Unlimited helps, but turning down graphics, moving vehicles, etc. brings the most gain.

2. For lag/freezes: I don't experience this, as I make sure that when I boot the computer, I allow up to 15 minutes for it to fully load, with its Services, internet checking, etc. However, when you get a delay or a freeze for some time, then you need
    to see what Service, Update, System checking, etc. is going on in the background. Sometimes, Anti-virus software could suddenly start a check or scheduled task could kick in. All these need to be disabled, or at least you need to find out what is starting
    while you are gaming, by checking in your Task Manager. This will give you some idea of what is going on in the background.

Hope you make some progress with this.

Chriso747, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...

1. Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10... - Similar Threads - Major freezes stuttering

2. Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.: My laptop screen starts to stutter and then freeze right after. This happens even before the login page shows up and after I logged in it just starts to freeze and I couldn't do anything in my desktop. This happens after I updated my windows and brought my laptop to school. I...
  3. Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.: My laptop screen starts to stutter and then freeze right after. This happens even before the login page shows up and after I logged in it just starts to freeze and I couldn't do anything in my desktop. This happens after I updated my windows and brought my laptop to school. I...
  4. Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Home stuttering in start menu and in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home stuttering in start menu and in games: Hello, Okay, so I'm having a couple of issues here; and I'm not sure if they are related.Last night i logged on to my computer to do some gaming. I noticed that the star menu was popping up with the usual speed but the animation wasn't as smoothly. I started up Sea of...
  6. Windows 10 freezes/stutters when isntaling/removing drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes/stutters when isntaling/removing drivers: I am unable to install/update/disable some drivers related to audio and network (Realtek, Intel, etc). Same happens using driver installers (EXE) and device manager. Every time I do mentioned actions Windows starts stuttering: cursor freezes few times a second, some programs...
  7. Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games: When I try to exit an old game or press the Windows key, the taskbar freezes itself for about 30-60 seconds. I can still use some apps, browsers, etc, but I can't close apps with the taskbar because it freezes. This has happened to ALL the old games I played not DOS games,...
  8. Regarding Games major stuttering and soung lagging After windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Games major stuttering and soung lagging After windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: Dell XPS L401x Intel i7 7th gen Nvidia Gefore GT 425M With latest game ready drivers installed 12 gb ram 4gb pre installed + additional 8gb stick installed Edition Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Installed on ‎11/‎2/‎2020 OS build 20246.1 Experience Windows Feature...
  9. Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major stuttering a few minutes after boot: I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me. Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've used it for a year with no problems at all. Only very rare and minor stuttering nothing major. Recently I've bought anew PC...
  10. Windows 10 stutter/freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stutter/freeze: hi, specs: i7 2600k 3.4ghz stock gtx 1060 16gb ddr3 1600mhz windows 10 gigabyte z68ap-d3 temps are fine, and all components are under 50% usage. im experiencing a weird stutter thats seemingly random, the best way i can describe it is the video freezes and the audio cuts out...