Windows 10: Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10.

Discus and support Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Just did a major hardware upgrade on my pc, but I'm unable to activate Windows 10. I did the free Windows 10 upgrade back in the day - my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by n4tive, Jun 8, 2020.

1. n4tive Win User

Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10.

Hello,

Just did a major hardware upgrade on my pc, but I'm unable to activate Windows 10.

I did the free Windows 10 upgrade back in the day - my Windows 8 copy was a digital purchase I have the license. I do not remember receiving a license for the free Windows 10 upgrade can't remember - searched my emails but can't find it I ran the troubleshooter but its unable to activate Windows 10. Ran the virtual agent, but it redirected me to support, at this point I do not know what else to do. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

n4tive, Jun 8, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Activating Windows 10 after a major hardware change.

I recently made a major upgrade to my computer that involved replacing the CPU, motherboard, and memory, and to make sure that no old drivers messed up the works, I performed a Reset install (chose to keep files). Now the machine was previously a Windows
    7 Pro machine that was upgraded to 10 Pro in the free upgrade program several years back. This means the activation is tied to my Microsoft account and all I have to do is make sure I'm logged into the machine to activate it. However, I'm being asked to
    activate Windows, and when I follow the instructions to activate after a major hardware change (go to Settings, Activation, Troubleshoot, select "I changed hardware on this device recently," select the device from the list, and click Activate), I get a message
    that says, "we can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Is there anything else I can try, or do I have to buy a new licence?

scienceguy8, Jun 8, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Major hardware upgrade

2. Activate Windows after a major hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after a major hardware change: I recently had a hardware failure on my machine. After repairs and reinstalling windows I cannot complete activation.This copy of windows was purchased from the microsoft store a few months ago. I used the key from the original installation, but it is obviously tied to the...
  3. Activate Windows after a major hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after a major hardware change: I recently had a hardware failure on my machine. After repairs and reinstalling windows I cannot complete activation.This copy of windows was purchased from the microsoft store a few months ago. I used the key from the original installation, but it is obviously tied to the...
  4. Windows 10 activation after major hardware changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after major hardware changes: Recently upgraded my pc that had a VALID Windows 10 pro key with some new hardware, reactivated no problem due to my DIGITAL KEY that has been attached to my Microsoft account. Had to replace the new MOBO and now I'm being told my key is no longer valid to activate. Is this...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after a major hardware change.

Windows 10 Activation after a major hardware change.: I had a motherboard failure, requiring a replacement and a new CPU in my Desktop computer. It took a stressful 5 hours to re-activate Windows 10, trying every possible option offered. Hopefully I can save others this unpleasant experience and enable a shortcut to the...
  6. Activating windows after major hardware change

Activating windows after major hardware change: I just assembled a new pc and I'm reusing the hard drive which has windows 10 already installed on it. This was upgraded from windows 8.1. The computer that the hard drive came from was a store display model, so the store already had it activated for customers to play with....
  7. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....
  8. Windows 10 Activation after Major Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation after Major Hardware Change: Hi all, I bought a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM. Before upgrading, I associated my Windows key with a Microsoft account, creating a digital key. I installed the new CPU, motherboard, and RAM. I reinstalled Windows 10. I logged Windows into my Microsoft account, but...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after major hardware change

Activating Windows 10 after major hardware change: I have just upgraded everything in my pc except for my SSD. After the motherboard POSTed, and started up, I got a constant error code. I have entered my product key multiple times and reinstalled Windows twice. I also have had my Windows 10 Pro license linked to my account...
  10. Windows 10 hardware upgrade has major problem

Windows 10 hardware upgrade has major problem: Warning: DO NOT upgrade the hardware on your Windows 10 machine. There is a serious issue with Windows 10 activation. Background: I upgraded my main system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it activated fine -- no problems. Last week I upgraded my hardware, from an old...