Windows 10: Major Help Needed - Windows 10 data missing/desktop changed

Discus and support Major Help Needed - Windows 10 data missing/desktop changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 Saturday Night. Sunday morning started computer and the desktop had none of my icons, shortcuts, etc. I found all my files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ocsurf, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ocsurf Win User

Major Help Needed - Windows 10 data missing/desktop changed

Upgraded to Windows 10 Saturday Night.
    Sunday morning started computer and the desktop had none of my icons, shortcuts, etc. I found all my files in C: Users. I placed all my files in 1 folder on the desktop. I re added the shortcuts to my programs.
    I then updated and restarted. When it came back the desktop was black and had my old shortcuts from 8.1. The files I placed on the desktop were now gone.

I used Shadow Explorer and found the files again in Users, but the Export of files gives corrupt files.

What the heck can I do?

Should I recover back to 8.1?

:)

ocsurf, Nov 29, 2015
  2. GaryP253 Win User

Problem after reset

After system reset of my Windows 10 computer, The system came up but my desktop was missing the majority of my desktop icons, and windows wallpaper. How do I get them back?

GaryP253, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Recovery

You always need to maintain current backups of your personal data. You shouldn't lose your personal data during the Windows 10 upgrade, but it is a major system change and anything can go wrong when installing new software (and sometimes does).

Erdeslawe, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Major Help Needed - Windows 10 data missing/desktop changed

1. Major Help Needed - Windows 10 data missing/desktop changed - Similar Threads - Major Help Needed

2. Need Major Help for Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Major Help for Clipboard: Please see attached picture for my problem. When I press windows+v, a "ghost clipboard" comes up.Every solution I found online HASN'T helped!I have performed a scan in command prompt-- no issues.I have gone through the registry. I have gone through the group policy. I have...
  3. Need Major Help for Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Major Help for Clipboard: Please see attached picture for my problem. When I press windows+v, a "ghost clipboard" comes up.Every solution I found online HASN'T helped!I have performed a scan in command prompt-- no issues.I have gone through the registry. I have gone through the group policy. I have...
  4. Need Major Help for Clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need major help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need major help.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...
  6. Desktop data missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop data missing: When I shout down my computer at the night and my net connection has been connected with the computer. When I open this computer into office time i saw my all desktop data has been passed away. And all browser I have to sign up again and my browser all history also passed...
  7. i need help for a major issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i need help for a major issue.: so after the update that added the new microsoft edge, i have been unable to launch or install google chrome, the browser that has been my default browser for over 6 months. this has only happened since the update was downloaded 2 days ago, i have had no problems with opening...
  8. Need some major help

Need some major help: Hello, im having some big problems with my computer and I dont know why. At first i was concerned that it was just one application, but im beginning to think its my system as a whole, so thats why im here. My razer synapse fails to start every single time it tries. I fixed...
  9. Major Windows 10 Issue *Help Needed*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Windows 10 Issue *Help Needed*: Hi i'm having serious issues with windows after moving the OS from my HDD to a SSD. Ever since I did that I believe it has been corrupted, I've tried resetting it but it won't let me do anything.. "Could not find the recovery environment" I've tried creating a recovery drive...
  10. Need help changing desktop icons

Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/