Windows 10: Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

Discus and support Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlainaMC, Oct 6, 2022.

1. AlainaMC Win User

Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window never responds. Tapping the spacebar cycles around the logon screen for a millisecond then the time/date reappears. btw, the time and date are correct. Cntrl+Alt+Del has no effect. I have booted into safe mode and run diagnostics with no issues being reported. I have performed the "Power Down 3x" function and booted i

:)

AlainaMC, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Bnc123 Win User

KB4038788 Update Sept. 12 2017

I have very similar Edge crashes listed in Reliability Monitor. It all started after cumulative patch KB4038788 was applied this morning, Sept 13 2017.

Bnc123, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Robert11 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation - Similar Threads - Major Issue Sept

2. Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch: Hi All,I am facing issue with my ADFS server after I installed the KB5019966 patch on my windows server 2016. Users are not able to authenticate via ADFS. I checked ADFS is working good using MS claims X-ray testing tool and also IDPinitiatedsignon is set true and working but...
  3. Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch: Hi All,I am facing issue with my ADFS server after I installed the KB5019966 patch on my windows server 2016. Users are not able to authenticate via ADFS. I checked ADFS is working good using MS claims X-ray testing tool and also IDPinitiatedsignon is set true and working but...
  4. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  5. Windows 8.1 patch installation issue

Windows 8.1 patch installation issue: Maybe some of the honorable Members can provide detailed technical advice.Kind Regard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-patch-installation-issue/dd4255e2-7581-44a7-8848-af590ffe8a65
  6. DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238: I currently have a custom application that's attempting to pull OPC data from a Windows 2016 server. Prior to updating my server with the patch, the application was able to collect data from the OPC server on the 2016 server. However, after updating the Windows 2016 server...
  7. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  8. After installing windows build 21292 - Major Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing windows build 21292 - Major Issues: Just installed build 21292, with major issues: No Start Menu No Settings Search works, but apps won't fire-up I ran SetupDiag with the following result: Matching Profile found: FindSuccessfulUpgrade - 8A0824C8-A56D-4C55-95A0-22751AB62F3E SetupDiag version: 1.6.0.0...
  9. Major issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  10. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...