Windows 10: Major Issue with my system.

Discus and support Major Issue with my system. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems on my desktop with a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. I had that graphics card and driver running just fine on windows 7 prior to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeathDragon530, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Major Issue with my system.

I am having problems on my desktop with a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. I had that graphics card and driver running just fine on windows 7 prior to just upgrading to Windows 10 like I did recently. It seems that for some reason the drivers seems to be old or new consider I've tried both old and new drivers in attempt to fix this but none of them are working, are causing system instability and causing graphical artifacts and crashing within minutes of a game starting up. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? My friend has the same drivers but is running on windows 7 and he is not having any issues so i'm almost sure this is a problem with windows 10. The only time the drivers don't screw things up are when i'm on my desktop not playing any games but when I launch anything, within minutes the graphical artifacts completely screw my computer resulting in an eventual full grey screen and than a grey screen resulting in me needing to restart my computer. I have tried older drivers, the newest driver, I tried fully wiping the drivers to make sure there wasn't anything old remaining but still to no avail and I have nowhere to turn and am tempted to go back to windows 7 as it seems to be the only way to fix this? Does anyone have suggestions or a possible fix I may have gone over for this? Thanks! - I also get the windows 10 error "thread stuck in device driver"
    These are my system specs if it helps any:
    Computer typeMajor Issue with my system. :pC/Desktop
    CPU: CPU Type Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Motherboard:Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)
    Memory: System Memory 16 GB Memory Type GDDR5
    Graphics Card(s): Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    I was looking around and this help thread has a picture of exactly what I get http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-ma...ease-31646067/

I also did some digging and found out it may be overheating so I got these logs see if this indicates anything. GPU-Z Sensor Log At around line 523 is where my computer goes crazy prior to the crash

:)

DeathDragon530, Feb 20, 2016

2. Compatability Issue - I have a major issue with Windows 10 and Quicken 2015.

Original Title - Compatability Issue

I have a major issue with Windows 10 and Quicken 2015

FrederickTifer, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Compatability Issue - I have a major issue with Windows 10 and Quicken 2015.

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you access Quicken?

• Are you getting any error message?

• What are all the problems are you facing with windows 10?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist better on this.

Karthicka_R, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Major Issue with my system.

Bump, can anyone help me with this?

DeathDragon530, Feb 22, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    Welcome to Ten-Forums !

Your GPU link is blank, this can be a cause of overheating. Check inside case for failing fans on GPU or even CPU, dust accumulation on fans or heatsinks. Other possible causes, Graphics card is going bad, not seated properly and PSU (Power Supply) issue.
    Motherboard have integrated GPU, if so try that ?

To be able to monitor in game need combination of 2 software usually, MSI afterburner is good and HWInfo.
    Together can check temps in game, but would suggest rerunning your Temps again and repost them with either HWInfo or HWMonitor both free software.

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    http://www.hwinfo.com/

MSI Global

jds63, Feb 22, 2016
  6. Alright, I think I got it. HWMonitor
    -I think I managed to capture this while it was clustering with graphical artifacts. HWMonitorv2

DeathDragon530, Feb 22, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    From what i can see from that report the CPU temps look o.k. and GPU Temps did to, but not sure anyway to screen capture HWMonitor to see it differently to make sure for both. Try also HWInfo and post screen shot of sensors only for all hardware as i would also like to see voltage of the PSU (Power Supply).

I know you have tired different driver and it worked on Windows 7 just before this OS change, things can always happen all of a sudden so we can't dismiss hardware issues but it also still can be due to drivers of the card or conflicts with other drivers and if not that the card is failing.

I see you also have a GPU integrated by connections listed on your motherboard site as a test unless you have another Graphics card try that to see how it reacts, i am not sure of specs of the integrated GPU.
    https://us.msi.com/product/motherboa...#hero-overview

Also have you updated system drivers for Windows 10 from this site since the upgrade to Windows 10 ?

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Major Issue with my system.

1. Major Issue with my system. - Similar Threads - Major Issue system

2. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! It doesn't appear in Device Manager, and the only way I can see it is if I click 'see hidden devices'....
  3. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! It doesn't appear in Device Manager, and the only way I can see it is if I click 'see hidden devices'....
  4. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! I installed a program called 'Driver Easy', and I see this: see first picture down belowwhat does this mean?...
  5. Disk Usage 100% with system as the major issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% with system as the major issue: Lately my laptop slowed down even though I only opened file explorer. I checked my task manager and my disk usage was 100%. I've tried many ways that I found on the internet like checking disk C, update windows 10, stopping sysmain, disabling diagtrack, defrag, MSI, prefetch,...
  6. Major Windows Issues

Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  7. Major Bitlock issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major Bitlock issues: I'm running Windows 10 Home edition. I've read that Bitlock is not available on this edition, but it is on my computer! I didn't even know I had Bitlock until a couple of days ago when I went to boot up my laptop, I received a "Bitlock Recovery" message to "Enter the recovery...
  8. Major Windows Issue

Major Windows Issue: Help, I received the blue screen in which it says my computer encountered a problem and needs to restart. I tried system restore, nothing. When I open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error....
  9. Major issue

Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  10. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...