Windows 10: Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

Discus and support Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roperjon, Aug 11, 2015.

1. roperjon Win User

Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can be heard. It usually lasts about half a second and then continues.

In addition, when playing a game online, the game will occasionally freeze and the sound will buzz at the same time. This lasts no longer then 1/2-1 second and then the game carries on only to happen again 5-10 secs later. However, occasionally there does seem to be periods when the game plays as it should.

So far I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my network, graphics and sound card drivers which didn't work. Any additional suggestions will be welcome. I should also say I never had any problems on Windows 8.1

My specs:

AMD Radeon 7800 Series graphics card
    Intel I7 Processor (quad core)
    Realtek sound card (though actual sound comes from LG TV).

Thanks

:)

roperjon, Aug 11, 2015

2. Audio issues with latest major feature Windows 10 feature release

Thank you for the reply. I have tried those steps you have listed above, but they didn't make any difference. My computer has an Asus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard. The audio solution embedded on it is from VIA. Here is the link to the download page for the Windows
    10 driver for the audio chip, which I installed when I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro a few months back:

VIA Audio Driver for Windows 10

Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have included some screenshots to hopefully help see what happens when I plug in my headset. The only thing I didn't capture was the box that pops up from Windows saying that it needs to "disable audio enhancement features" when I go to switch the default
    sound device from my computer speakers to my headset. The first screenshot clearly shows Windows not recognizing the microphone on my headset, even though it is plugged in. So I can get it to work, but what I have to do is run the "Troubleshoot sound problems"
    wizard, and it removes the audio from the computer and has me restart. Once I do that, everything is working as it should (Windows recognizes my headset properly and I can get onto Teamspeak). The other two screenshots I provided show what happens when I plug
    my headset in. The VIA control panel pops up showing that it sensed I plugged my headset into the front jacks on my computer, just as it should.

Any other ideas??? Do I have to pray and hope VIA will come out with another driver that bypasses whatever the Windows Update broke?

LanceRipplinger, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Audio issues with latest major feature Windows 10 feature release

The latest "feature release" through Windows Update has somehow created audio issues I didn't have before the update. Every time I plug in my headset into the mic and headphone jacks, my VIA audio control panel recognizes them and all is good. Before whatever
    latest feature update was installed onto my computer, I would right click on the audio icon on the taskbar, and set the headphones as default, and all was fine. I could then go into Teamspeak, and everything worked. Now none of that works. When I plug in my
    headset into the front jacks on my computer, VIA pops up like it always does. But when I got to change the default sound device from my speakers to my headset, Windows pops up with some annoying error about disabling "sound enhancements" or something, and
    so I say yes. But when I look at the audio device properties, my headset microphone is not be recognized by Windows. This never happened before the update. So I run the audio troubleshooter, and restart the computer, and my audio is working again. But I have
    to do this every time I want to use my headset. What was broken by the Windows update? Do I have to hope that VIA comes out with an audio driver to bypass whatever was broken by this supposed latest, greatest release of Windows 10.

LanceRipplinger, Aug 11, 2015
  4. roperjon Win User

I have now given up and rolled back to Windows 8.1 which now works as it should.

I'll mark this as solved.

roperjon, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Major Issues Graphics

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  4. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  5. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  6. Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S: I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem. I have been using an Oculus Rift S for awhile now and this issue only started after the most recent update to Windows 10. I haven't been able to get ANY audio through my PC. Nothing through the headphones or speakers....
  7. Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 major audio issues never seen on forums: Alright so this might be long because this is not any normal audio problem and I really need answers. Information before you read I have a windows 10 I have use a hyperx cloud 2 with its soundcard but have also tested with logitech speakers, multiple headsets, even...
  8. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909. I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight and it would boot to black screen due to which I used a USB recovery tool to reinstall Windows. During the partitioning phase...
  9. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can...
  10. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I turn my laptop on it takes ages to load. When it does finally loud up I encounter a serious problem. I have no icons on my desktop and the date/time is also missing. The taskbar is completely black apart from the start...