Windows 10: Major issues with Windows 10

Discus and support Major issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909. I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eyeof Twilight, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Major issues with Windows 10

Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909.

I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight and it would boot to black screen due to which I used a USB recovery tool to reinstall Windows. During the partitioning phase I had to format/wipe existing partitions to have Windows reinstall itself. This is where the problems began.

Windows 10 was installed onto my but my HDD was not recognized. All good, I don't need my HDD space anyway at the moment.

Then Windows 10 started freezing after being idle for a few mins. I tried a lot of solutions: Defragmenting, SFC /Scannow, Power options and some other that I don't remember. Eventually I got it to work but I suspect the installation of windows didn't go smoothly.

It worked fine for some days and I installed some old 90s games which used emulators and changed my resolution and stuff and would sometimes freeze my PC. I uninstalled them but the PC would still freeze.

I tried to soft reset my PC but during the reset process, the computer froze several times and at the end I got these prompts: 1. Cannot find msiexec.exe 2. Cannot find Reagentc.exe

Soft reset still suffered from Windows 10 freezing so I'm doing a hard reset remove personal files. I got the same two missing file prompts during the process. My computer is still booting up, but I think it will face the same issues. Can someone guide me as to what I have to do to get my laptoo working?

Thank you!

:)

Eyeof Twilight, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Major issues with Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Major issues with Windows 10

1. Major issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Major issues

2. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having major issues with windows, need help resetting: Hi, my pc is currently stuck crashing constantly & freezing up on the desktop homescreen when it does even get there. Whenever my pc bluescreens the error code is “Bad_system_config_info” When i try to reset the pc it simply says “there was a problem resetting this pc”When it...
  3. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having major issues with windows, need help resetting: Hi, my pc is currently stuck crashing constantly & freezing up on the desktop homescreen when it does even get there. Whenever my pc bluescreens the error code is “Bad_system_config_info” When i try to reset the pc it simply says “there was a problem resetting this pc”When it...
  4. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  6. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...