Windows 10: MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!

Discus and support MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't think I have been this angry in years. I always keep a few select documents in the OneDrive folder. I want on OneDrive very few of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StlSooner, Oct 24, 2020.

1. StlSooner Win User

MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!

I don't think I have been this angry in years. I always keep a few select documents in the OneDrive folder. I want on OneDrive very few of my documents, very very few of my photos, and NONE of my music. Apparently a recent Windows Update decided to put just about everything on OneDrive WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and WITHOUT EVEN WITHOUT ASKING ME! Now I have a HUGE MESS to clean up since I want a few files out there, but most of them no.

I discovered that Windows apparently set up most of my folders to Sync to OneDrive and now if I delete them from OneDrive they also get deleted from my hard drive and are gone forever. What idiot thought THAT was a good idea? Yes, I'm angry. Microsoft had no right to make this decision on my behalf!

But, the question is, HOW DO I GET THE FILES OFF ONEDRIVE AND LEAVE THEM ON MY LOCAL HARDDRIVE?

:)

StlSooner, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 24, 2020
  3. OneDrive Printing Problems

That Solved the problem. Thanks.

Johnsavery, Oct 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!! - Similar Threads - MAJOR OneDrive Problems

2. Major touchpad problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major touchpad problems: HiI've had a problem on and off with my touchpad not working. Usually I have just been able to restart my computer a couple of times and it would start working again. A couple of days ago however it stopped working for good and I have tried a bunch of things to get it working...
  3. Major problem to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major problem to me: Why won't my product key work? when i typed the command on the command prompt and copied my windows 10 product key then typed it in thechange product key it still does not work can somebody help me with this problem its all messed up right now...
  4. Major problems and System problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major problems and System problems: Hello people, Is the black screen a bug or a major problem? Will Microsoft will fix the problem in the next update in 2021? I would to suggest to fix problems like Black screens if PC turned of middle of an update or something like that I just seen videos about it I...
  5. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  6. Major Problem with Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Problem with Computer: My grandparents have an asus g11 gaming computer that they brought to their house a couple years ago. When the hurricane was coming for FL in September 2017 we moved across the state in hopes that we won't get killed. The aftermath was that my grandparent's house had no power...
  7. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  8. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  9. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...
  10. Major OneDrive updates at Ignite 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Major OneDrive updates at Ignite 2016: OneDrive and SharePoint work together to make storing and accessing all your files simple and powerful. We recently outlined a vision for file management in Office 365 that included a set of new features, such as simplified file sharing (both inside and outside your...