Windows 10: Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

Discus and support Major problem and small minor problems with my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since I installed a new motherboard along with a new cpu and ram, I’ve been having issues. I used to have a problem where I would boot into a no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ST4RH3RO, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

Ever since I installed a new motherboard along with a new cpu and ram, I’ve been having issues. I used to have a problem where I would boot into a no signal screen before login screen and I would just be stuck, I could temporarily fix it by hard resetting my pc via the power button. Fixed that by disabling fast startup.

I’ll start with the minor problems first: 1. Every now and then I will start up my pc for the first time in the day or after a shut down and my keyboard and mouse are not “connected” and are powered off. They are connected via the usb ports but I guess windows just doesn’t want to recognize them and power them on. I can fix this by just replugging the usb cables from my mouse and keyboard. (Not a major problem but annoying nonetheless. Not to mention it doesn’t happen consistently)

1. Another minor problem also happens on startup. My pc will begin to load with the standard turning circle and windows logo but what I notice is that everything is in a really low resolution signifying that my gpu drivers have randomly been uninstalled. This doesn’t prevent me from getting to the desktop though. I am able to temporarily fix this by going to device manager to find that my gpu drivers are uninstalled and pressing scan for hardware changes on my gpu and i would install the drivers through windows in a split second and it would work fine. (Again not a major problem but its annoying and also happens inconsistently)

Now, the major problem, as of like two days ago about (plenty of time after putting in those new pc parts) my pc would begin to stutter in desktop or in a game and my mouse would lag around, I would receive a temporary black screen and then I would return to normal and then the whole process repeats. It happened while watching youtube as well causing audio to mess up as well. I have never actually gotten a legitimate crash yet, but I am usually able to fix this by restarting which makes me think its not a hardware issue I THINK. I’m not sure. I also think that this might be tied in with the startup without gpu drivers problem. I’m not certain. When I was installing the cpu I accidentally bent 4 pins but I was able to bend 3 back perfectly, the 4th pin I was able to move really easily making it seem like it was about to break, but if that was the issue I would think it would have always been occurring since I put in the new parts. I was able to seat the cpu fine but idk if it got worse overtime or something. I think this problem is consistent as well, but I haven’t been dealing with it long enough to tell that.

Any help would be appreciated. I will list my specs below if that helps.

Specs: Mobo: MSI B450 tomohawk max

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

Gpu: EVGA gtx 1060 6gb

Ram: Corsair Vengeance lpx c16 ddr4 2x3200mhz

Psu: Evga 600w bq 80+ bronze

OS: Windows 10 pro (I can’t express how much I hate windows 10 btw)

submitted by /u/ST4RH3RO
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ST4RH3RO, Jan 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    PC problem?

I hear you.. just trying to put some perspective on why you are not seeing problems vs others. Slow memory spec and its on the QVL list. While memory compatibility has improved with Ryzen by in large, there are still lingering issues with it and buyers do not have the 'blind' freedom to get whatever sticks they want for the best chance of compatibility. Again, its nowhere close to where it was in the beginning and the majority of users will be fine, especially when sticking to the list and using the latest BIOS.

EarthDog, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

1. Major problem and small minor problems with my PC - Similar Threads - Major problem small

2. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  3. Action Center minor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center minor problem: No pencil button and the battery button.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-minor-problem/1b4ce5a9-47f9-4bae-9b17-eaf52fd817b0
  4. Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD: My gaming PC was absolutely fine all day yesterday. Today, I went to do some homework on a website for school, it worked fine for about five minutes, but then, everything stopped responding, I watched my mouse lag as I tried to get different applications to work, and then I...
  5. Major problems and System problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major problems and System problems: Hello people, Is the black screen a bug or a major problem? Will Microsoft will fix the problem in the next update in 2021? I would to suggest to fix problems like Black screens if PC turned of middle of an update or something like that I just seen videos about it I...
  6. Major problem with my Aliases

in Browsers and Email
    Major problem with my Aliases: I have three Aliases. The first time I used one of them, I was horrified to discover it showed my real name as well.The email arrived showing the sender as "My real name <alias [email protected]>". So if my real name is Joe Bloggs and the alias I used is JoeBlow 12345 , the...
  7. Minor second monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor second monitor problem: So, I recent got a second monitor, and it's amazing, my whole setup feels completely different. One minor issue I have with it though is that when I'm gaming, I want to have my game on one monitor with yt or Spotify or Faceit or whatever on my second. The only problem is I...
  8. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  9. Minor problem switching on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Minor problem switching on PC: Hi Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let me explain. What I've said does indeed happen but if he leaves it long enough perhaps 30-45 seconds it runs up no bother. It...
  10. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044