Windows 10: Major Problem with Computer

Discus and support Major Problem with Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My grandparents have an asus g11 gaming computer that they brought to their house a couple years ago. When the hurricane was coming for FL in September... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AutoRealism, May 18, 2019.

1. Major Problem with Computer

My grandparents have an asus g11 gaming computer that they brought to their house a couple years ago. When the hurricane was coming for FL in September 2017 we moved across the state in hopes that we won't get killed. The aftermath was that my grandparent's house had no power so they decided to move to my relatives in NC for a little while. Here comes the problem. They decided bring the G11 from their house to up north until the power went back on (my family and I kept tabs on the house). When they moved back and put the cords back on the right places something went wrong. The cursor on the computer is laggy as all hell, and the speed was slightly slower. Games that would run smoothly such as minecraft and tf2 would now lag. The weird part is that CS GO runs at 300 fps, and the computer can smoothly run videos at 4k with no problems whatsoever. I've tried deleting unimportant files, kept installing all the updates windows asks for, replaced the mouse, and updating all the drivers yet there is no change. Why is this computer selectively broken? Is there any way to fix this? Please let me know.

:)

AutoRealism, May 18, 2019

2. Computer reset major problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What happens when you try to boot the computer?
    • What was the issue which lead you to perform reset?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform a Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Startup Repair:

1. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually
    be F12.

2. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may
    refer the user manual.

3. Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed,
    keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.

4. After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any
    key to boot from CD or DVD
    ". Press any key.

5. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

6. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

7. Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup
    repair

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 18, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, May 18, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Major Problem with Computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Major Problem with Computer

1. Major Problem with Computer - Similar Threads - Major Problem Computer

2. Major touchpad problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major touchpad problems: HiI've had a problem on and off with my touchpad not working. Usually I have just been able to restart my computer a couple of times and it would start working again. A couple of days ago however it stopped working for good and I have tried a bunch of things to get it working...
  3. Major problem to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major problem to me: Why won't my product key work? when i typed the command on the command prompt and copied my windows 10 product key then typed it in thechange product key it still does not work can somebody help me with this problem its all messed up right now...
  4. Major problems and System problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major problems and System problems: Hello people, Is the black screen a bug or a major problem? Will Microsoft will fix the problem in the next update in 2021? I would to suggest to fix problems like Black screens if PC turned of middle of an update or something like that I just seen videos about it I...
  5. MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAJOR OneDrive Problems!!!: I don't think I have been this angry in years. I always keep a few select documents in the OneDrive folder. I want on OneDrive very few of my documents, very very few of my photos, and NONE of my music. Apparently a recent Windows Update decided to put just about everything...
  6. Major latency problems, computer running slowly on several programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major latency problems, computer running slowly on several programs.: As of a week ago, I have been having major performance issues on several different programs. I downloaded DCP Latency checker to see, and I’m getting spikes of 30,000 or higher when running certain programs. I’ve tried backdating my nvidia drivers to no avail, also...
  7. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  8. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...