Windows 10: Major problem with my Aliases

Discus and support Major problem with my Aliases in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have three Aliases. The first time I used one of them, I was horrified to discover it showed my real name as well.The email arrived showing the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Taffy078, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Taffy078 Win User

Major problem with my Aliases

I have three Aliases. The first time I used one of them, I was horrified to discover it showed my real name as well.The email arrived showing the sender as "My real name <alias [email protected]>". So if my real name is Joe Bloggs and the alias I used is JoeBlow 12345 , the sender was shown as Joe Bloggs <[email protected]

The whole purpose of an alias is to hide your real name so what am I doing wrong?

Windows 19041.450

- - - Updated - - -
    @Brink. I need to send you a private message urgently. If I post the reason in this message, will it be private or should I wait for you to contact me, please?

:)

Taffy078, Oct 12, 2020

2. Microsoft Account, managing aliases: There is no 'make primary' link next to the email I would like to make primary

Hello GI,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to a browser problem or due to some conflict with the Microsoft account settings. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us which browser are you using when you're trying to manage your aliases?
    • Have you tried using a different browser and check if you're having the same issue?

To change your primary alias and to remove an alias from your account, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article. The article describes the steps on how you can manage aliases on your Microsoft account.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Scall0way Win User
    Account Aliases

I seem to be struggling with my Microsoft account which I never use. In trying to understand another issue I'm having I was trying to figure out how to sign in to my Microsoft account. When I finally did I learned that is uses an email address that I never
    use any more. I still sort of have it but I only have sporadic access to it so want to use the email address that I use all the time.

In going through my settings to change it I come to this screen:

Manage how you sign in to Microsoft

An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your account's primary alias is displayed on your Microsoft devices (such as a Windows PC, Xbox, or Windows Phone), and you can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

Learn more about account aliases.

Account alias

• *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (primary alias)
      Remove
    That email address is one I no longer ever use so I selected the Add email option. It takes me to this screen:

Add an alias
    Your account can have multiple aliases, each of which lets you sign in to all the devices and services that use Microsoft account. Your aliases share a single password, and you can send and receive mail with each.

Learn more about account aliases.

@outlook.com

Scall0way, Oct 12, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Major problem with my Aliases - Similar Threads - Major problem Aliases

2. Major problem to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major problem to me: Why won't my product key work? when i typed the command on the command prompt and copied my windows 10 product key then typed it in thechange product key it still does not work can somebody help me with this problem its all messed up right now...
  3. Major problems and System problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major problems and System problems: Hello people, Is the black screen a bug or a major problem? Will Microsoft will fix the problem in the next update in 2021? I would to suggest to fix problems like Black screens if PC turned of middle of an update or something like that I just seen videos about it I...
  4. Aliases

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Aliases: I am trying to add an email account as an alias on my account, but it keeps telling me that this email address is already taken, to please try another one. It is my email! There are 2 alternatives - create a new email address and add it as an alias, or add an existing email...
  5. Major problems with my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major problems with my windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10... So I recently installed a fresh new windows 10 for my PC, It is an old build 10240 version that I got on my USB years back ago, But it's okay because I can update it I thought... So then after it finished installing I...
  6. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  7. Accounts and Aliases

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts and Aliases: Recently, I have inadvertently added another Microsoft account (alias?) which has now become my main account (there is no remove option): [img] Upon trying to remove this account, this new account/alias does not appear in my Microsoft account: [img] How do I remove the...
  8. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...