Windows 10: Major problems after recent LAN-related updates.

Discus and support Major problems after recent LAN-related updates. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The two LAN-related updates this week caused my new desk top to run slower and slowed until freeze up. Browser windows loaded sometimes minutes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill J L, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Bill J L Win User

Major problems after recent LAN-related updates.

The two LAN-related updates this week caused my new desk top to run slower and slowed until freeze up. Browser windows loaded sometimes minutes after clicking and printer. After some time all browsers would freeze to a white screen. Reboots worked long enough to get browsers normal but now programs word processing, spreadsheets, etc, dead on loading and give error 91. New HP pc will not print to new HP printer and it is "not HP's problem".

Can you give me simple instructions to fix error 91?

:)

Bill J L, Jun 6, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Problems related to windows store app.

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to check if the system date and time is correct and disable the proxy if enabled and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check if proxy connection is enabled. If yes, then disable the proxy connection and check the status.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click on the Connections tab.
    • Click on the LAN Settings
      button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard.
    • Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 6, 2020
  4. L Wad2 Win User

Recent major update issues

MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now.

1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed previously, but now it is back, and the same steps I used to fix it before does not work. The steps were to delete the driver, let windows install the generic driver, and after a restart,
    roll back the driver to the generic. It does not work as the generic driver appears to be gone.

2) External USB drive dismounts periodically. This is a new issue, I have not had this before.

3) Power plan settings do nothing. I have it set to never sleep or hibernate when on external power, but it sleeps anyway. Very annoying that it will not do what I tell it to do.

Any assistance with these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

L

L Wad2, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Major problems after recent LAN-related updates. - Similar Threads - Major problems recent

2. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  3. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  4. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?: I added a script when our users connected to our VPN using the Linux command ether-wake to wake their Windows machines, and it stopped working about a month ago. It worked for years before. Even running it several times manually no longer works to wake Windows. We have a mix...
  6. Speaker problems after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker problems after recent update: After last night when i shut my pc down for a windows update im having this issue with my speakers. I cant play sound out of my speakers. To be more specific its not even letting me use them to play sound. If i try to play a spotify song, spotify just tells me that the song...
  7. LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.

LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.: Hey, I have update my windows 10 to version 1903. I use my college proxy LAN connection for internet. Before update it used to work really fine, but after updating it is always showing Unidentified Network though all my settings are fine. In order to get internet I need to...
  8. Recent major update issues

Recent major update issues: MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now. 1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed...
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...