Windows 10: Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

Discus and support Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; about 4 days ago i received the windows 10 v2004 may update on my gaming PC in windows update i didnt force the update in anyway , it just came up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I will try 2 help :, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

about 4 days ago i received the windows 10 v2004 may update on my gaming PC in windows update i didnt force the update in anyway , it just came up in windows update & since microsoft is blocking the update for unsupported systems or the systems that might have problems with the update i felt that it's okay to install it and believe me i have never been so wrong in my life .

i have a mid-range gaming PC which im using as a main entertainment device in my living room along with a 65 inch 4k monitor and a windows 10 dell tablet which im using to type this , my tablet said that its not ready for the update and its okay for me.

my PC worked great for the first day after the update , the second day while i was browsing my files in windows explorer my pc crashed with green lines all over windows explorer and stayed like that until it turned off after that , i switched it on and it booted normally this happened about 3 days ago so i just ignored and i said that i will just wait until quality updates fix the bugs and make things better , today i was watching a movie in full screen and after it finished and i closed the window , i got 2 notifications :

1- windows defender : malware service has stopped and virus protection is not working something like this since i don't memorize that exact phrase.

2- fix drive errors with a red cross

i clicked on the first one which took me to windows defender which suggested to restart the service and it just got stuck at that , and then clicked that second one which just vanished without doing anything and i ignored it since i know there are bugs with this update so i restarted my PC and now it will not boot at all no matter what i do.

everytime i start my PC , i get into windows repair bootloop which basically i tried every option that is there and nothing worked , so i disabled automatic repair startup using CMD from the repair list , and restarted my PC and got the following BSOD on start up :

Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing, or corrupt.

File: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

error code : 0xc0000098

the problem is that i have 250 GB SSD which is small in storage so i was stupid enough to delete previous windows installations and restore points because i have so many files and apps and i needed space .

what i tried so far :

1- startup repair : didn't help

2- safe mode : doesn't work because i get the same error

3- system restore : no restore points

4- previous windows : i was stupid enough to delete that so it will not work and of course i tried anyway.

5-system image : i don't have

6: Windows USB Installation media : tried that and used all the repair options and nothing helped at all , i just get the same results.

7-CMD : tried SFC SCANNOW command - no help

tried DISM command - no help

tried CHKDSK command f and r

and a bunch of other commands i found on the web but no help also.

i've had this PC since 2 years and i have never ever had any BSOD or boot failure before at all , even one BSOD i didn't see , it even didn't crash before at all .

Specs:

CPU : Intel Core I7 4770K

GPU : Nvidia GTX 970

RAM : 16 GB

MOTHERBOARD : MSI Z97 GAMING 7

SSD 256 GB ALONG WITH 2 TB HDD

Im trying to avoid formatting since i dont want to go through all the setup process again and installing drivers and apps since i have tons of apps installed that i use and they all big and take a long time to install , specially paid engineering apps im an engineer , also because this is my main entertainment device hooked to my TV and i have tons of games installed with the bother of optimization and saved games.

i've tried every possible solution that i know,,

what should i do , is this fixable or im screwed ?

Thanks in advance,,

:)

I will try 2 help :, Jun 15, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

1. Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update - Similar Threads - Major Problems boot

2. Win10 v2004 update problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 v2004 update problems: Why did this update disable sharing on the Win 10 computers? I have two computers running Win 10 and two running Win 7. After the update to v 2004 neither of the Win 10 computers could find the shares on the Win 10 ones, but they could still see the Win 7 ones in File...
  3. Windows 10 v2004 Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v2004 Problems: Hi. I am not very happy with Version 2004 CHKDSK /F or /R doesn't work with with Norton 360 my OEM HP Recovery partition is now corrupted every time I use the recovery partition i now get the error code 0xc000000f with bluescreen. Do me fever Microsoft Stop making...
  4. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update: widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker potentially unwanted application i dont know if it is false positive i scan it with bitdefender anti virus and it was clean i use...
  5. windows 10 v2004 problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 v2004 problem: I have a problem signing in with my pin even if it is correct I always need to restart to be able to sign in and my work is gone. It goes back to the original setup when i already pin some apps on the taskbar and on the desktop. There is also this zlib1.dll cannot be...
  6. Win 10 v2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 v2004 update problem: Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now it has all been placed in Cloud storage. Why did this happen? How do I undo it without loss of files? Thanks...
  7. Windows Update - Major Problem!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Major Problem!: Hi, I've been getting messages in Windows 10 for a couple of months to complete an update before November or I will fall out of support. I have attempted A few times without success and decided to try again today. I triggered to update, at around 24% the machine restarted...
  8. Major Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Windows Update Problems: For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install windows update will run one time...
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...