Windows 10: Major problems following Microsoft remote assistance

Discus and support Major problems following Microsoft remote assistance in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; At 4pm-ish GMT today I started an online chat with an Office agent because my Outlook 365 was slow sending emails. Following a brief discussion the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fugee68, Nov 30, 2018.

1. fugee68 Win User

Major problems following Microsoft remote assistance

At 4pm-ish GMT today I started an online chat with an Office agent because my Outlook 365 was slow sending emails. Following a brief discussion the agent asked if it would be okay to take control remotely. I said sure. We went through the process, and the agent took control - looked through a few things, checed office updates, deleted my old email profile, then added it again. Then things became tricky. The agent restarted my laptop, okay so far, then went to my microsoft account via the web browser, where the agent enabled 2 step verification. This took some time and involved numerous verification numbers being texted to my mobile phone number etc.. This still didn't solve the Outlook issue, in fact it was worse.. That agent then left the remote session and a new name appeaed. The agent then began to dig deeper into the system of my laptop, going into start-up and services, disabling things, troubleshooting. The time was now just before 6pm, nearly 2 hours later. Then it all went wrong. The agent clicked restart, after which I tried to enter the password for my user account on Windows 10 and was greeted with 'WRONG PASSWORD'. So now I could not log on to my computer to resume the remote session. About 15 minutes passed then the agent rang my mobile phone - we then spent the next 2 hours trying to fix it. The upshot is as follows - my laptop is completely useless now, evrything has been disabled so I cannot boot from a flash drive even. I cannot reset my Windows password, I cannot repair without the password, I cannot get on line with it as the wireless is disabled. All the agent could say was that his shift was ending and I should find a local PC technician to sort it out. Thanks a lot, completely bugger up my laptop then leave me high and dry with a bricked computer. All I wanted was for someone to have a quick look at why my emails were sending slower than normal! Can anyone help me here? This is a disaster. There was absolutely nothing at all wrong with my machine until it was remotley taken over, and now it is totally screwed.

:)

fugee68, Nov 30, 2018

2. Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant

Hi.

We suggest that download the Remote Desktop Assistant on this
    link

Let us know if the above solution helps. Give us an update.

Regards.

Hiroshi Ino, Nov 30, 2018
  4. awjensen Win User

Microsoft Remote Desktop Assistant

The link you provided points to the app that is installed on the CLIENT - not the Remote Desktop Assistant. The description of the Assistant is as follows:

"On the Windows PC you want to connect to remotely, download the Microsoft Remote Desktop assistant to configure your PC for remote access."

awjensen, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Major problems following Microsoft remote assistance - Similar Threads - Major problems following

2. Remote assistance connection problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote assistance connection problems: remote assistance connection problems windows 7 * Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance-connection-problems/27443306-b14d-4c17-8f43-c6dcc2942426
  3. Remote assistance connection problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote assistance connection problems: remote assistance connection problems windows 7 * Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance-connection-problems/27443306-b14d-4c17-8f43-c6dcc2942426
  4. Remote assist.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote assist.: I some times give assistance to a friend using 'Quick Assist', is there anyway I can have my cursor pointer showing on his screen while I move around his PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assist/def2c5f4-b2b1-4ed5-8166-4238096d9b73
  5. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  6. REMOTE ASSISTANCE

REMOTE ASSISTANCE: Greetings, I've been reading someone's post or question about Remote Assistance. I know what it is & how it works & I believe the long name of it is Windows Remote Assistance. I was just wondering is this the same program that HP uses every time they connect to my own HP...
  7. remote assistance

remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  8. Microsoft Remote Assistance

Microsoft Remote Assistance: Microsoft Remote Assistance not working after 1809 update.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-remote-assistance/0a94fb97-7d0e-448f-98eb-b5d762fcb59e
  9. Microsoft Remote Assistance

Microsoft Remote Assistance: Microsoft Remote Assistance not working after update 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-remote-assistance/215f6e93-6b43-4b20-a5ce-3bc0d3382a36
  10. Remote Assistance control problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Assistance control problem: I needed to help a friend prepare his laptop for the Anniversary Update yesterday. My PC (Windows 10 Pro) and his laptop (Windows 10 Home) were both setup correctly for Remote Assistance, including Windows Firewall settings. Everything worked properly except I had no control...