Windows 10: Major problems with windows 10

Discus and support Major problems with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. End of August an automatic update sent my computer into BSOD. Fixed this with help but since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chelseaboy, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Major problems with windows 10

Hi,

I upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. End of August an automatic update sent my computer into BSOD. Fixed this with help but since then have to continually use task manager, powershell, run as admin and then copy/paste the following:-

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

also, since this started most updates do not work and sometimes it takes upto an hour to load as it's trying to install available updates.
    Spoke to the Microsoft tech dept (waste of time) who tried the above get-appxpackage etc... then told me this was a level 2 tech problem and I would have to pay £69.00 for one of their techs to look into this matter.
    Is this a scam for Microsoft to make more money?

Worst thing ever was upgrading from windows 7, but, unfortunately, as I don't have the key for my windows 7 disk I can't revert.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

Chelseaboy, Dec 9, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Major problems with wifi on windows 10.

Hi,

Internet and network issues are usually occurring due to outdated drivers. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What changes were made to the device before these issues occurred?
    • Is the same issue occurring in other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows Update and installing the available updates for your device. We also advise following the troubleshooting steps available in this
    link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Major problems with windows 10

Run showkeyplus from this forum and it will retrieve your Windows 7 key upgraded from - if you have not done a clean install of Windows 10 since the upgrade.

Then I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows 10 - after you do an image backup, I recommend Macrium Reflect Free for that.

Solved Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Major problems with windows 10

1. Major problems with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Major problems

2. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!: I was almost finished editing a feature-length student film and the Wondershare app updated...completely wrecking my project. I'm supposed to show it on Saturday and the customer service seems like a total scam, sending me in circles on the site, in the chat, and on the...
  3. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!: I was almost finished editing a feature-length student film and the Wondershare app updated...completely wrecking my project. I'm supposed to show it on Saturday and the customer service seems like a total scam, sending me in circles on the site, in the chat, and on the...
  4. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System: Why does Microsoft tech support have this MAJOR issue locked "How to fix Very High Power Usage in Task Manager?" while the problem continues to exist!! Locking the issue is not a fix. Let's try fixing it. Thank you....
  6. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System: Why does Microsoft tech support have this MAJOR issue locked "How to fix Very High Power Usage in Task Manager?" while the problem continues to exist!! Locking the issue is not a fix. Let's try fixing it. Thank you....
  7. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

8. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  9. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  10. 2 MAJOR Problems. Display driver amdwddmg stops responging, also now getting BCOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 MAJOR Problems. Display driver amdwddmg stops responging, also now getting BCOD...: Hello guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. It's going to take me forever to type because my display keeps going black and then comes back. Event Viewer shows Source: DisplayEvent ID: 4101It also says this: Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has...