Windows 10: Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?

Discus and support Major slowing issues since October cumulative update? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, installed the October cumulative about two or three days ago, and have noticed the system is much slower to sleep, shut down and reboot than it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DannyG13, Oct 5, 2019.

1. DannyG13 Win User

Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?

Hi, installed the October cumulative about two or three days ago, and have noticed the system is much slower to sleep, shut down and reboot than it was before.

I'm unable to revert back to the previous build as Windows seems to think I installed this more than 10 days ago and the option isn't there.

Is there any reported issues with this update and how do I get around it?

Advice appreciated.

:)

DannyG13, Oct 5, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

So much for October. My server, the W7 box, and the W8.1 machines in the house all did Cumulative Updates today, outside of the normal patch cycle.

Nothing new on the W10 boxes, which is why I think it is this schedule that @qubit did the OP on.

rtwjunkie, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Ruth2340 Win User
    Why is Cortana so slow and right after major updates installed 2 days ago?

Major updates were installed 2 days ago May 22, 2018, and now Cortana is very very slow and half the time if I type something into Cortana, it does not get it all by the time Cortana comes up, so I have to retype and of course back to being so slow it
    is ridiculous. I love Cortana, but not like this. Help someone, and please don't tell me to do a dozen steps to get it fixed like the Shell thing, run as Administrator when I already am the Administrator, live alone, no one else has access to my lap top.
    I am 78 and not computer literate and do not need those steps you always suggest. The new updates caused this issue. It was absolutely fine before those updates.

Ruth2340, Oct 5, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Major slowing issues since October cumulative update? - Similar Threads - Major slowing issues

2. KB5018418 - October 11 Cumulative Update - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5018418 - October 11 Cumulative Update - OneDrive Issue: After updating this win update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based systems KB5018418.. Microsoft Onedrive fails to connect & sign-in. Uninstalling this update solves the problem tho. Any fixes ?...
  3. KB5018418 - October 11 Cumulative Update - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5018418 - October 11 Cumulative Update - OneDrive Issue: After updating this win update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based systems KB5018418.. Microsoft Onedrive fails to connect & sign-in. Uninstalling this update solves the problem tho. Any fixes ?...
  4. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  5. October Cumulative Update

October Cumulative Update: After installing october cumulative update, I have faced problems with my graphics drivers BSoDs, black screens, graphical glitches, then I tried installing the Insider version of 20H2, yet to no avail, now I can't revert back to before the cumulative update nor before the...
  6. Numerous Issues with October 2020 Cumulative Update

Numerous Issues with October 2020 Cumulative Update: HP ENVY X360 CONVERTIBLE 15M-BP111DX Windows 10 Home 64-bit I assume it's Build 19041.572 since it was the 'Windows 10 version 2004' update that started all of my problems. Unfortunately, I can't confirm it though. I realize this is long, but I don't have time to go back...
  7. Cumulative updates - October 2020

Cumulative updates - October 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 Build 19041.572 Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1139 and 18363.1139 Windows 10 versions...
  8. October cumulative update installation issue

October cumulative update installation issue: 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4464330) -Error 0x8e5e0147 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-cumulative-update-installation-issue/277fa02c-442b-479f-9d58-bd9812b5ed10
  9. Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?: I'm wondering if anyone has noted any problems with their keyboards/mice since the last major update. I can't seem to figure out the culprit and I was thinking it was this. My mouse pointer skips across the screen at times and the scroll wheel on the mouse isn't always very...
  10. Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update: During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and that's even with fast startup enabled. I think the longer startup began after the last Windows 10 cumulative update...