Windows 10: Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

Discus and support Major stuttering a few minutes after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me. Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bongert, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Bongert Win User

Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me.
    Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've used it for a year with no problems at all. Only very rare and minor stuttering nothing major. Recently I've bought anew PC that essentially switches out all the old parts except the storage. When I built my new PC i didn't do a fresh install of Windows but just installed my old boot device as is. At first it ran fine but i had that weird issue where after the first boot of the day i would get constant stuttering in and outside of games affecting video and audio. The issue was easily resolved by just restarting the PC. I was told that me not doing a fresh install of windows, keeping all my old drivers and stuff could lead to some issues, so i tried to manually delete all old drivers. To no effect sadly, the stuttering persisted. After that i tried doing a reinstall of windows where i would still keep all my files but that didn't help either. In fact it made the problem worse, as now after running the PC from around 14:00 where I would boot the PC for the first time, get the stutter and then restart it, up until around 23:00 of no issues the stutter would suddenly reintroduce itself, whereas before it wouldn't happen again for that day after a restart. I tried some more tips i found online, updating the drivers, reinstalling the Memory, disabling A-XMP, all didn't work and with each reboot the problem got worse and worse where now after every boot and every restart the PC would always stutter maybe 5 to 10 minutes after booting. The only other thing i could try but want to avoid until nothing else works would be to completely reinstall windows and wiping all my data. Is there anything else I can try? I'm at my wits end.

:)

Bongert, Jul 25, 2020
  2. TMH
    TMH Win User

Mouse stutters on start up, but works normal after a few minutes

I've recently got a new computer, and I've noticed when I turn it out, the mouse stutters at first. For the first few minutes, I can move the mouse for a second, then it freezes for a few seconds, then it moves for a second again, etc...

I've currently not got another mouse to try with, but I wondered if any body had any suggestions I could try whilst I try and source another mouse to test with.

I'm running the following

1. Win 10 Pro
    2. i7-4790K (Not overclocked)
    3. 16gb ram (this was salvaged from my old computer, so it's a few years old)
    4. Nvidia 980 ti
    5. Mouse is a Razor Oubourous.

If you need any more info, or specs, let me know and I'll add them.

3. Win 10 x64 - Random mouse stuttering/freezing (again)

And we're back. After a few days, the stuttering returns. Booted up one game, and it was back within minutes. Got any other suggestions?

MichaelVosatka, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

1. Major stuttering a few minutes after boot - Similar Threads - Major stuttering few

2. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  3. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  4. Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up: The mouse is a Dell Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse AW958. The problem started about 3 days ago after running the Windows DeBloater. When I boot up my PC, for the first few minutes, there are no stutters or lag but a few minutes in it starts. Does anyone have any idea what the...
  5. Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up: Hello everyone, I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen freezes and sound buzzing noises, after 15-20 min after I boot up the computer. Or after suspending the computer. Unfortunatly...
  6. Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !

Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !: Hello ppl.. Like the title say, i have this MAJOR STUTTERING and i have no idea what is causing it ! But what i'm sure of this wasn't there when i bought this pc.. everything is brand new. it's not problem in HDD or any other parts. I'm just bought it. it's 3 months...
  7. PDF looks like this after few minutes. Text or pictures will vanish after few minutes....

PDF looks like this after few minutes. Text or pictures will vanish after few minutes....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/awaiss113 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggjflr/pdf_looks_like_this_after_few_minutes_text_or/
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes: Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...