Windows 10: Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347...

Discus and support Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having problems with windows updates for some time now. Major (feature) updates have worked but interim (quality) ones frequently fail. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChloeWilliams, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347...

I've been having problems with windows updates for some time now. Major (feature) updates have worked but interim (quality) ones frequently fail. For example KB4462919has failed to install over 300 times! I've tried to run the update troubleshooter and although it sometimes fixes the database on my machine it invariably fails again.

However at the start of this week I ran a McAfee vulnerability check and it downloaded and installed, in the background, KB100347. At the time I was using a USB device to connect at higher speeds to my WiFi and had used the touchscreen to sign in to the laptop that day.

Once the install was complete and the machine restarted I first noticed that the WiFi connection was not available, not realising that it was a USB problem. I also discovered that the sound was muted and couldn't be unmuted and that the touchscreen was now unresponsive.

The only one of these three issues that I have resolved by downloading and installing drivers for is the sound card. For the USB controllers the driver is the most up to date and uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference (there are three USB 3 ports all unresponsive now).

The touchscreen monitor does not even appear anywhere under devices. Not under monitors (generic pnp monitor is all that is there) nor under any other heading.

I tried to uninstall the update but I'm not convinced it worked although Windows update settings permanently shows a state of restart required for it despite many such events since.

I tried to perform a restore point but all restore points prior to an update in Aug 2018 (the creators update I believe) have been removed by Windows and the most recent ones have all failed to restore.

I'd like to know how I can get my USB and touchscreen to start working again.

:)

ChloeWilliams, Nov 9, 2018

2. why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Sound stops working on Windows 10

Windows 10, version 1803

Last update was KB4100347

I have a sound problem. It just stops working (twice now in four days), not sure what's wrong or how to work through it.

When I look in drivers, it says they're up-to-date and that they're working.

However, deleting the driver and rebooting, temporarily fixes the issue for a few days.

Any suggestions on how to find out what's causing my sound to stop working?

Cheers,

Tina

TinaDubinsky, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347...

Touchscreen USB issue

I have an HP Envy4 TouchSmart Ultrabook. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 2 months ago. After some severe initial problems, I eventually had everything working well. Recently I was away for a week and left my computer at home and turned off. When
    I got home I started getting recurring messages saying that the last usb device that I connected was not recognized and may have malfunctioned. Coincident with the messages my screen would flicker. I also noticed the touchscreen was not functioning.

I did the following:

• Checked to make sure I had the latest drivers (I did) and did a full virus scan.
    • Connected all of my usb devices one at a time to the computer (and later 3 at a time) and they all worked fine.
    • Tried a restore going back 2 weeks before I had this problem and it did not help (I later undid the restore).
    • Uninstalled my USB root hubs using device manager (they came back and the problem continued)
    • Found the touchscreen in HID section, as a hidden device, and I uninstalled it (it comes back with problem unresolved)
    • Noticed that each time the screen flickered the touchscreen briefly became unhidden in the HID section in Device manager and then touchscreen worked briefly.
    • Disabled all the USB root hubs and the flickering and messages stopped but no touchscreen, I then found I could enable the USB 3 hub and one of the 2 USB 2 hubs and I had no flickering but still no touchscreen. Currently my computer is functioning with
      the exception of the touchscreen as long as I keep the one usb root hub disabled.

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it? Any suggestions for a next step? I don't want to try anything too risky because at least I can still use my computer with the touchpad right now.

JamesKinnally, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347...

1. Major Update Problems - USB, touchscreen and sound card all stopped working after KB4100347... - Similar Threads - Major Update Problems

2. Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again?*Original title: Max...
  3. A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature...: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again?...
  4. A customer claims that their sound card is no longer working after a major Windows feature...

A customer claims that their sound card is no longer working after a major Windows feature...: Um cliente afirma que sua placa de som não está mais funcionando após uma grande atualização de recurso do Windows de 1803 a 1809, o que você pode fazer para que o som funcione novamente?...
  5. sound card is no longer working after a major Windows feature update from 1803 to 1809

sound card is no longer working after a major Windows feature update from 1803 to 1809: Does a customer claim that their sound card is no longer working after a major Windows feature update from 1803 to 1809, or that you can make the sound work again?...
  6. After Windows update touchscreen stopped working

After Windows update touchscreen stopped working: This touchscreen had worked well until Windows updated. I did a lot trying to fix it by myself. For example, I checked the pen and touch driver but found that they are missing. I also performed all the fixes that I found on the internet but nothing helped. It is HP Pavilion...
  7. USB port not working after KB4100347 windows update

USB port not working after KB4100347 windows update: This does feel weird, but my computer stays in the same spot and doesn't move. The only change is that my computer just updated the KB4100347 automatic update. At first I thought it was causing an issue with my mouse driver, but then I realized my other USB ports work...
  8. USB not working after installing KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

USB not working after installing KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: After windows Update installed KB4100347: Intel microcode updates the USB ports do not work , and the message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) {Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows...
  9. problems with Spectre update KB4100347

problems with Spectre update KB4100347: So Windows Update downloaded the Spectre patch, KB4100347, earlier this week -- and it seriously screwed up my processor speeds. I've got an i7-6950, overclocked to 4250 on the front five cores and 4375 on the back five -- the first screenshot attached shows the proper...
  10. Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update

Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update: Computer Lenovo Flex 4-1470 lap top Model: 80SA0000US Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Updated 6/3/2018 The touchsceen stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update (Version 1803). Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device has the following error:...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my touchpad stop working after i delete avira