Windows 10: major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason...

Discus and support major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok, I did this to see if it would run the 1803 OS, but many times in past it could not finish the installation, MS installation tool shows the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamLinch, Oct 8, 2018.

1. major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason...

ok, I did this to see if it would run the 1803 OS, but many times in past it could not finish the installation, MS installation tool shows the system checks all systems OK, my name is William Linch (Bill), Please don't give me things to try, how to get to the bottom of what is causing this. Thanking You In advanced. Bill

:)

WilliamLinch, Oct 8, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason... pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Oct 8, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason...

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason...

1. major updates, this computer can only install the first windows 10 ver 150? the only reason... - Similar Threads - major updates computer

2. Only keyboard and monitor not connecting to my computer for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only keyboard and monitor not connecting to my computer for no reason.: I have been trying to fix this for 4 hours now but nothing has worked. I’ve made sure all cables are correctly inserted, replugged everything in, tried every usb slot for the keyboard, tried using hdmi for the monitor, and tried another keyboard but nothing has worked. This...
  3. I have a major issue with only one update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a major issue with only one update: Yes hi, I've been having this one issue with just one update that keeps coming again and again. This is about MS Definition update KB2267602, and all its other versions. So what happens my pc starts to throttle indicating that my pc just needs a quick update. This is...
  4. I have a major issue with only one update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a major issue with only one update: Yes hi, I've been having this one issue with just one update that keeps coming again and again. This is about MS Definition update KB2267602, and all its other versions. So what happens my pc starts to throttle indicating that my pc just needs a quick update. This is...
  5. I have a major issue with only one update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. There are only a few reasons to install Windows 10 update previews

in Windows 10 News
    There are only a few reasons to install Windows 10 update previews: Microsoft stopped releasing previews of updates for the company's Windows 10 operating system and other operating systems that it maintains in March. It did so because of the "public health situation" at the time and stated that it decided to pause all optional non-security...
  7. Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?: I am fine with the small updates such as the KB***** ones. But I don't want the large ones such as the one coming in October 2018, Redstone 5. Is there a way to disable only these large updates? Windows shamelessly restarts computers for updates if it's kept idle. 117884
  8. Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to disable only major Windows updates permanently?: I am fine with the small updates such as the KB***** ones. But I don't want the large ones such as the one coming in October 2018, Redstone 5. Is there a way to disable only these large updates? Windows shamelessly restarts computers for updates if it's kept idle. 117884
  9. I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...: I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...[MEDIA] 29836
  10. First Major Update for Windows 10 Available

in Windows 10 News
    First Major Update for Windows 10 Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform...