Windows 10: Major Win Ten

Discus and support Major Win Ten in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I may have made a major mistake. I bought a Dell GX 755 with win 10 installed. I hooked it up in replacement of another Dell GX 620 and turned it on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Major Win Ten

I may have made a major mistake. I bought a Dell GX 755 with win 10 installed. I hooked it up in replacement of another Dell GX 620 and turned it on it booted fine. Now here comes the mistakes. I had a Reflect Image of old unit. I had my bootup disc to load the image so I change the bootup source. Well it wouldn't bootup and now all I get is no source on my screen. Can't get it to show anything. I F8 and F12 nothing will work. Its just like no unit is hooked up. Is there anything I might do to get this back on? Or do I just junk it as a very big error on my part.
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Sep 4, 2016

2. Anyone happy with Windows 10? adjusted to 9.1 and do not want the Win 10 thanks

can not go back to win 8 the big reason

Moved from Internet Explorer

Original title: any one happy with win ten? adjusted to 9.1 and do not want the win ten thanks

dennis vedin, Sep 4, 2016
  3. how to block win ten offer and update attemps thx

the pop up ' Microsoft recommends that you reserve your copy of win ten . to day second time in ten days

dennis vedin, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Major Win Ten

Hi Ben,

You might want to try installing Windows 10 fresh from Window's website here; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10

Or you can call up Dell and ask for a install disc. That probably would be your best bet. You may have to pay a few bux for the disc and shipping etc, but it will have all the drivers etc on it for your computer.

After you install your Windows 10 you can mount and install your Reflect disc on a virtual machine and copy your photos etc onto your host computer.

If you need any help with the steps, just let me know and I will walk you through it. I won't try here as it is lengthy and would bore people half to death.

Good luck!

Snarks *Cool

SnarkyTwit, Sep 4, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I'm a little confused by your post.

You restored a backup image from an old PC onto your new one?

You get nothing on your monitor at any time? Seems odd. Even if the stuff on the hard drive is completely wrong, I'd expect you to get some sort of pre-Windows startup screen. (I admit to some uncertainty about UEFI PCs. There's more interaction between the OS and the BIOS on those.) If I was experimenting with the system, I'd disconnect the HD for a moment and clear the CMOS. Just to verify that the hardware is intact.

It may be possible to boot the machine from a Win 10 installation DVD or USB flash drive and repair the installation from there.

Just to be cruel, I'll point out that you should have imaged the existing OS on the new PC before doing anything drastic.

bobkn, Sep 4, 2016
  6. Thats 2what I tried to do I have a reflect clone of my old hd and had to change the boot sequence and now that I have done that I get nothing. It will not boot to USB source. All I get on the monitor screen is says NO SIGNAL

Ben Daniels, Sep 5, 2016
  7. I don't know about Win10 native factory restore key yet as I haven't had to try it and I don't even know if there is one on a computer that comes with Win10 already installed but in Windows 7 F11 always worked for me.

This is probably a long shot but
    How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    Windows 10 boots up into Advanced Startup Options after two consecutive unexpected shutdowns that occur within two minutes of boot completion.

If nothing works, I also recommending contacting Dell and get their install media
    --- If you cannot boot into your UEFI BIOS, that's a major problem.
    --- If you can manage to get the computer to boot up try:
    Shift + Restart > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Change UEFI firmware settings...Restart.

I'd be leery of trying the Reflect image from your old unit again whether you have the free or paid version.
    I'd set up Win10 first with at least the basic tweaks that suit you.
    Then create a system image using Win10 built-in system. It doesn't mean you will have to stay with it, but the computer needs to be imaged before going forward.

After that post back as to whether or not restoring a Macrium system image onto a completely different system is actually possible.
    --- As alluded to your new computer probably has UEFI but maybe your old unit didn't

Come to think of it, your Win10 on your old unit has it's own "digital licensing key" (I forgot the exact description) but now you are trying to "install" it onto another computer with it's own "digital licensing key" and maybe that's an issue.

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 5, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

Major Win Ten

I suggest that your clear the CMOS.

That ought to at least get you to the point where you could boot from a Windows install device (USB Flash or DVD).

I'm not convinced that I understand exactly what you did. Your posting is unclear.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Major Win Ten

1. Major Win Ten - Similar Threads - Major Ten

2. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having major issues with windows, need help resetting: Hi, my pc is currently stuck crashing constantly & freezing up on the desktop homescreen when it does even get there. Whenever my pc bluescreens the error code is “Bad_system_config_info” When i try to reset the pc it simply says “there was a problem resetting this pc”When it...
  3. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having major issues with windows, need help resetting: Hi, my pc is currently stuck crashing constantly & freezing up on the desktop homescreen when it does even get there. Whenever my pc bluescreens the error code is “Bad_system_config_info” When i try to reset the pc it simply says “there was a problem resetting this pc”When it...
  4. Having major issues with windows, need help resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  6. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  7. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  9. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  10. Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent major Windows ten update broke the os: During a recent Windows update when it begins to restart the PC, after installing components, on re-boot it displayed an error message "Missing Operating System". System repair didnt work, backup and recovery didnt work, recorver from a system image didnt work all error...