Windows 10: Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues

Discus and support Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For the past 2 months, I've been facing the following issues (associated with an unusually and overly noisy hard drive) : _General slowness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamAiech, Apr 8, 2019.

1. SamAiech Win User

Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues

Hello,

For the past 2 months, I've been facing the following issues (associated with an unusually and overly noisy hard drive) :

_General slowness or lagging when turning on the computer, opening a session or a folder or a file to the point. As a result I had no other choice but force the computer to shut down by pressing the switch on/off keyboard button instead of using the usual menu.

_ Outages, plain and simple, either everything freezes (only the mouse is active) or there's a blue screen after locking the session or putting the computer to sleep. Sometimes, just putting the computer to sleep triggers this.

_My Kaspersky antivirus fails to update his database on a regular basis when the aforementioned issues happen. There's got to be a correlation of some sort.

_A month ago, it got to a point I could no longer turn my computer on without waiting at least 10 to 20 minutes to see anything on the screen — the same time span for opening a session. I troubleshooted this by disabling the quick access folder, following the guidelines depicted in this article. I also suppressed all the shortcuts and pinned folders on the quick access menu. It definitely improved things a lot but as it turned out, this didn't fix the root cause of the problem.

https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/windows-10-quick-access-not-working.html

From a performance standpoint and memory wise, I didn't notice anything wrong (CPU, ongoing processes, active memory...).

All the programs that I use are up-to-date. I even checked some drivers and pilots.

I might add that I use my computer for work and personal tasks and recreational use, which means having 10 to 15 Firefox pages being open while simultaneously using Word is common. Is that a bad habit ?

In conclusion, the worst outages and lagging/slowness days are over but a some issues happen every now and then like total freeze of the computer (blue screen) and slowness; then forcing the computer to turn off and everything goes back to normal after turning it on again.

Thank you,

:)

SamAiech, Apr 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues

Laptop Asus Slow/Lag during and everytime windows update

Hi Ron,

It's really odd for your computer to experience a performance issue (slowness/lag) after each and every update, hence, it should improve your computer's performance. There could be some software that's causing the issue, or an outdated driver/s. That said,
    we suggest that you check if following the steps on this article to improve the performance of your computer
    will work.

Let us know if you're able to determine the culprit after following the steps on the said article.

Carlos Tin, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues

1. Major Windows 10 Slowness/Lagging and Outages Issues - Similar Threads - Major Slowness Lagging

2. Help me! [ Slow / Lag Issue ]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me! [ Slow / Lag Issue ]: Hello, My Name's Mariam and my laptop is Very badly Laggy!So, I just Re-installed Windows AndInstalled Some of the drivers.But when I Installed Windows, I Selected a 199 GB Drive Instead of my Normal C: Drive that had 110 GB.So, I have more C: Storage.But since i installed...
  3. Help me! [ Slow / Lag Issue ]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me! [ Slow / Lag Issue ]: Hello, My Name's Mariam and my laptop is Very badly Laggy!So, I just Re-installed Windows AndInstalled Some of the drivers.But when I Installed Windows, I Selected a 199 GB Drive Instead of my Normal C: Drive that had 110 GB.So, I have more C: Storage.But since i installed...
  4. Help me! [ Slow / Lag Issue ]

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Major Windows Issues

Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  6. Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage

Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage: Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage After restarting my PC after a power outage, Windows 10 has a multitude of issues. Those issues are as follows: - cannot type into start menu, and generally cannot use start menu. - no internet connection except sometimes in...
  7. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909. I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight and it would boot to black screen due to which I used a USB recovery tool to reinstall Windows. During the partitioning phase...
  8. Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag: I've been using "Slideshow" for my desktop background for quite some time, but for some months now it's felt like this issue has gotten much worse. I use a folder of not even 50 images (Planned to add more to it) to cycle through. Recently I got all SSD, more RAM, and better...
  9. Windows 10 running slow after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running slow after power outage: So a couple weeks ago there was a power outage in my town and it screwed up my computer in a weird way. I don't have a surge protector or a ups (but I should get one). When the computer rebooted for the first time after the power outage it took about 10-20 minutes to start up...
  10. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I turn my laptop on it takes ages to load. When it does finally loud up I encounter a serious problem. I have no icons on my desktop and the date/time is also missing. The taskbar is completely black apart from the start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. major issue for windows 10 pc slowness