Windows 10: make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

Discus and support make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FNGeek, Mar 21, 2023.

1. FNGeek Win User

make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders

:)

FNGeek, Mar 21, 2023
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 21, 2023
  4. sniperjul Win User

make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

copying folders issue

step 1 on computer i right click desktop folder select copy

step 2 then go portable drive and paste it

result :but when i do this it copies all the files inside desktopv1 i know because i get a name conflict warning

and realize it not creating the desktop folder it actually copying the files inside desktopv1 folder

it should not do this

i expect it to copy folder (desktop} to drive

have no idea why it would ever copy the files inside a other folder that is named differently

hope you understand now

sniperjul, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

1. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the... - Similar Threads - copy folders inside

2. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  3. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  4. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  5. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  6. Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?: I have a folder that contains a bunch of sub-folders, and those folders all contain lots of sound files. I'm planning on dumping these sound files into a single folder, but I'd still like to be able to reference their previous organization. Is there an easy way to make a...
  7. Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....: all, For insider preview evaluation copy.rs_prerelease_ Insider Preview Evaluation Copy. Build -200710-1419 I can see my WIfi but my computer will not connect and I am using the correct Wifi password. all other devices will connect to my wifi. What is the fix so that I can...
  8. Is there a way to make explorer assign a number to all files inside a folder without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make explorer assign a number to all files inside a folder without...: Like a column that enumerates each file in the details view. I've seen other file explorers with this feature but I would rather find a way to configure explorer to do this. I hope I make myself clear, I'm not a native speaker. submitted by /u/theje1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Copying files onto a win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files onto a win10 hard drive: I'm trying to figure out what MS changed in Win10. *I typically hook a screwed 10 PC's hard drive to my computer and copy all their files before reinstalling windows. *Then after windows has been reinstalled I hook their hard drive to my pc and copy the files back. *Problem...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...