Windows 10: Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

Discus and support Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am hoping that you can give me some simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive. Much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aspens.., Sep 25, 2019.

1. aspens.. Win User

Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

I am hoping that you can give me some simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive.

Much appreciated

:)

aspens.., Sep 25, 2019
  2. aspens.. Win User

I am hoping that you can give me some
    simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive.

Much appreciated

aspens.., Sep 27, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

External Hard Drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

I am having a problem accessing some files in the Iomega backup.

Problem #1:

Am not getting the "menu" window that gives all the options with the external hard driv

The following are the steps that I have taken to use the external hard drive:

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.

(I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:

"Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined

Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......

Thank you...

<Moved to appropriate board>

Bert Canepa, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive. - Similar Threads - list folder names

2. How can I have a synced list of files/directories from an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I have a synced list of files/directories from an External Hard Drive: Hi, I bought an external SSD drive. I intend to use it frequently and store a lot of things.I need some tool or light software that could create a list of file names in my PC with details like extension, file size, date modified etc. Every time I changed, removed or added a...
  3. How can I have a synced list of files/directories from an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I have a synced list of files/directories from an External Hard Drive: Hi, I bought an external SSD drive. I intend to use it frequently and store a lot of things.I need some tool or light software that could create a list of file names in my PC with details like extension, file size, date modified etc. Every time I changed, removed or added a...
  4. Detailed File List For External Hard Drives

Detailed File List For External Hard Drives: I've been asked to tidy up a laptop and a couple of external hard drives for my mum, which will involve removing any duplicated photo's/songs/films - before passing away, my dad was notorious for saving the same thing in several areas but not always under the same name!Is...
  5. Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Listing of External Drive in Documents Folder: When opening My Documents folder to find my external hard drive, I see it listed twice. See screenshot.Both listings seem to contain the same data. Can you explain the two listings?Thanks,Jerry7/16/2021...
  6. External CD Drive "the directory name is invalid"

External CD Drive "the directory name is invalid": Hi MS communityI've been having a problem with CDs tonight and it has driven up the wall! Every time I insert a CD into any of the 3 computers that run Windows 10 in my house they all come back with the same error that the directory is invalid. These are brand new never...
  7. changing number or name of external hard drives

changing number or name of external hard drives: I have about 6 external hard drives and I want to change their designation, like A. B. C or 1, 2, 3, but windows puts it's own designation on each one, and as a result, some have the same letter....
  8. external hard drive folders

external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...
  9. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive: Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive....
  10. The folder names on my external hard drive have turned to gibberish

in Windows 10 Support
    The folder names on my external hard drive have turned to gibberish: I have a nearly new portable external hard drive which is organized into 30 or 40 folders, each with further files in it. The names of the folders on this hard drive have turned to gibberish and I have no idea how to fix this problem. Here is a screen cap showing the problem:...