Windows 10: Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass?

Discus and support Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I log into that PC using a PIN number, so what do I use for a password? Can I change the password if I dont remember it? This is is my house with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdowney717, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass?

I log into that PC using a PIN number, so what do I use for a password?
    Can I change the password if I dont remember it?

This is is my house with my PC's on my local network.
    And for some reason, it cant see 2 other win10 PC also on my same network, and it used to be able to do that.

I suppose there is some way to make them discoverable?

:)

sdowney717, Nov 15, 2020

2. Minecraft Win10 edition - iPad players can no longer connect to PC game but Xbox users can

• Are you able to go to the internet using your mobile device, while being connected to your home network?
    Yes. All wired, wireless devices connect to the internet without issue.

• Is the issue the same when using other user profiles or when sharing files on your network, between you mobile device and you PC?
    Multiple profiles experience this (4 total). Only occurs with iPad, using Xbox profiles trying to connect to a PC Minecraft game. If these same users/profiles use the Xbox One, they are able to connect to the PC Minecraft Win10 game.

• Have you tested other user profiles in game if the issue persists?
    Yes, see above.

The behavior occurs regardless of user. The only commonality is that the users are on iPads trying to connect to a PC Minecraft Win10 game.

Thanks

JelloBurger, Nov 15, 2020
  3. RandMart Win User
    New Internet connection for Win10

In the settings section of my computer there are different types of Internet connections listed. You have the old stand-byes, Ethernet, Dial-up & VPN. Then several days ago I noticed that under VPN there was a new one listed. It is Win10-pre-install.
    Is this a new type of connection that is ready to use? Or is this a new connection that hasn't been fully released to the public yet. Because I am already a user of Win10 is this something that I should go ahead and switch over to or would it be better if
    I were to wait in case there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out. Thanks for any info that you can give me!!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

RandMart, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass?

1. Make a new connection to another win10 pc, asks for user and pass? - Similar Threads - connection another win10

2. How to make another user in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make another user in windows 11: I have been trying to make a user on my PC running windows 11. I tried both local account and a user with a Microsoft account. But once all the set up process is done and when I finally login. It shows a still picture and I am unable to do anything. I have attached the photo....
  3. How to make another user in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make another user in windows 11: I have been trying to make a user on my PC running windows 11. I tried both local account and a user with a Microsoft account. But once all the set up process is done and when I finally login. It shows a still picture and I am unable to do anything. I have attached the photo....
  4. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  5. Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful Win10 user interface makes Win10 management a nightmare: Recently a neighbor asked me to help him troubleshoot a printer problem on his Win10 Lenovo laptop, since I've used Windows for decades and am fairly computer-savvy. But his Win10 user interface was incomprehensible to me. On my Win10 Dell laptop, I have Windows configured...
  6. Passing on used PC to new owner

in Windows 10 Support
    Passing on used PC to new owner: Windows 10 Version 20H2 PC: I wish to pass on my PC, when I get my new one, to a new owner. The new owner in question is my dear lady wife! I do not wish to remove anything but my own persononal files. There are no security issues. I want to retain all the currently...
  7. Xbox Game pass PC ask for payment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Xbox Game pass PC ask for payment: I purchased a gamepass for PC for my son to try Microsoft flight simulator, when we click to start the game it ask for another payment but we are signed in and it shows that we have already paid, same message if we try to launxh the other games, any idea?...
  8. Not able to create another user in Win10

Not able to create another user in Win10: I created a child account and then removed it. Now when I try to add another user account with same Microsoft account as was used for the child account, it wont let me....
  9. Make new user with premade user file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make new user with premade user file: There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on new account, how can i do that? submitted by /u/wasted_name [link] [comments]...
  10. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT: tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin. btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show...