Windows 10: Make a new main admin

Discus and support Make a new main admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was given a used computer at work and the person that had the computer before me set it up. I made an account for me and also made myself an admin.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brennan Clement, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Make a new main admin

I was given a used computer at work and the person that had the computer before me set it up. I made an account for me and also made myself an admin. How can I change myself to the main admin and delete the other person's account off the computer?

:)

Brennan Clement, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Make a new main admin

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Make a new main admin

1. Make a new main admin - Similar Threads - main admin

2. Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu: So I am having a problem where I start up FH4 and get to the main menu. After it loads up and I press enter to continue it freezes for a second then crashes. I have tried resetting the app. I have reinstalled the game 4 times. I have checked for any and all programs that may...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Crash at Main Menu: So I am having a problem where I start up FH4 and get to the main menu. After it loads up and I press enter to continue it freezes for a second then crashes. I have tried resetting the app. I have reinstalled the game 4 times. I have checked for any and all programs that may...
  4. Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs freezing on monitor that isn't "main display": Hi, I'm having an issue with my computer that didn't used to exist. I have a dual screen set up with "extend these displays" option set, I noticed about a week ago that when I started certain programs (autodesk maya and substance painter) on my monitor that wasn't set to...
  5. After 1903 print screen doesn't capture all 3 monitors, just the main.

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1903 print screen doesn't capture all 3 monitors, just the main.: As title suggests, After the 1903 update. I can no longer see left and right side in the screen shot. It's all black on both sides, but the middle monitor is fine! I go into display settings, it shows all 3 monitors, and I can physically see all 3 monitors working. If I...
  6. Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows different users accounts copying applications from the main account: Hi All, I am trying to create different user on Win 10, i tried everything but still some of the main user apps are showed in the new user desktop for example: Chrome, Mozilla, Steam, Adobe etc. I want to create new clean user and have only the bin on the desktop Could...
  7. During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    During recent Windows10 updates (November 15) my main user account (admin status) is now...: So the latest Windows10 update has resulted in my main user account to become corrupted. All I get is a two-tone black flashing screen (alternating tones) with the hour-glass and no usability other than the Alt-Ctrl-Del Task Manager. It just seems hung on something and...
  8. My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account

My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account: I have a Windows 10 PC. I must not have had any email account associated with the PC. I had a name on the account but never linked it to a Microsoft account. Today, my young son logged into Windows and somehow ignorantly "took over" the account, so now all my files and...
  9. Sending laptop for repairs. Should I delete main user admin account?

Sending laptop for repairs. Should I delete main user admin account?: I'm sending my laptop in for a screen repair to Lenovo, and I've never sent a computer out for repairs before, so I'm looking for input on how to handle my user account (Admin account). I'm current using a Microsoft account, so everything is tied to my username and account....
  10. How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN

How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN: So I went to cmd and I want to know if I have the built in admin account. Im logged in as a standard user, second account. and in cmd I typed NET USER USER which probably shows the administrator account. But in the comment section it doesnt say BUILT IN ADMIN ACC FOR...