Windows 10: Make A New User Outside Of Settings

Discus and support Make A New User Outside Of Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently my settings have completely stopped working, it doesnt even flash when i try and open them, i have tried using run to do ms-settings but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Verified.1, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Make A New User Outside Of Settings

Recently my settings have completely stopped working, it doesnt even flash when i try and open them, i have tried using run to do ms-settings but it says the app is not installed, i assume that settings has somehow been completely uninstalled from my device and all i can think of doing is making a new user but i cannot do it in settings as i cant access it, if someone could help me make a new user outside of settings or help me get my settings working again that would be great.

Thanks

:)

Verified.1, Jul 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 14, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Make A New User Outside Of Settings

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Make A New User Outside Of Settings

1. Make A New User Outside Of Settings - Similar Threads - User Outside Settings

2. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  3. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  4. Win10 App freezes outside of user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 App freezes outside of user folder: I have some apps that freeze/crash outside of my user folder. My biggest concern is a retro gaming platform called RetroArch. I can play old games online only if I move the program's folder to my user folder [Desktop]. But when I put it into the program files directory where...
  5. Help making new user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help making new user account: ok so I made this new user account(through cmd prompt) for guest purposes because my default account has way too many adobe products running in the background does anyone know if its possible for my guest account to not have the adobe products installed but the default user...
  6. Make new user with premade user file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make new user with premade user file: There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on new account, how can i do that? submitted by /u/wasted_name [link] [comments]...
  7. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up New User "Settings" problem: I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10. I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" I click on "Add a new user in PC settings" This opens a window "Settings" Under "Home", I am supposed to "Find a setting" That's...
  8. Query about making a new user account

Query about making a new user account: I have a main account (admin) which I use for most of my work stuff, but I've got a whole lot of private stuff like passwords and old videos and pictures from my childhood that i don't really want to be accessible in case i forget to lock my PC and one of my roommates was...
  9. Cannot set up new user

Cannot set up new user: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing...
  10. New user account sound settings reset

New user account sound settings reset: as the title suggests i made a new account (local) and then made it an admin aswell yet the sound settings reset on that account all the time for example if i set chrome to 30% it will jump back to 100% after re opening chrome,systemsounds jumps straioght back to 100%...