Windows 10: Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state

Discus and support Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC with 1809 running on it. I would like to create an ISO disc with 1809 which does not appear to be available from Microsoft. If I create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nobody-important, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state

I have a PC with 1809 running on it. I would like to create an ISO disc with 1809 which does not appear to be available from Microsoft. If I create a recovery disc using this PC, will it create a fresh 1809 install disc or one with all the warts of its present condition? Or do I misunderstand what a recovery disc is?

:)

nobody-important, Dec 22, 2019
  2. techbuzz Win User

Lenova recovery disc

If you haven't started the recovery yet then you could use the recovery button Lenovo Care Button). Just push it when you first turn on your machine and it will boot into the recovery partiton and restore it back to the original factory state.

If you have actually started the recovery process with the discs you have you are going to have to wait for tech support to open on Monday. All recovery discs are custom for particular machines. In other words, there aren't universal Lenovo 3000 recovery discs that work with all Lenovo 3000's. The recovery discs correspond with your exact machine type.

techbuzz, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Lenova recovery disc

Hi i have a Lenovo 3000 n500 and and was supplied with 3 recovery discs ( Vista) i have tried to do a recovery but cannot find the 3rd disc and it wont let me go any further does anyone know of a link where i can download the third disc, Lenova tech help isnt open till Monday.

cookiemonster, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state

How do i fresh install Vista?

I take it as youre asking how to do it, then you need a bit more of a "step by step" guide.

1.) backup anything on your old system that you want to keep (either to DVD or a spare drive)
    2.)download any drivers that you will need incase vista dosent have then (Network Drivers are important so that you can get your network card working when you finished the installation and want to download other drivers
    3.) Pop the vista install disc into the DVD drive and restart the PC
    4.)It will load all the installation files and present you with a screen showing your current setup on the discs. You want to delete any existing partitions and then create a new one (Size is up to you, or if you dont want one thats fine aswell)
    5.)Tell it to setup on the partition of your choice and sit back and watch it install
    6.) Itll do a reboot then carry on with the main installation then after thats done you can setup your prefernaces in the step by step menu and finally load windows.
    7.)Boot up windows and get online to download drivers for all the hardware on your computer (Soundcard, Graphics Card, chipset etc...)

*Smile Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state :)

twicksisted, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state

1. Make a recovery disc, but fresh install, not in its present state - Similar Threads - recovery disc fresh

2. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  3. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  4. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery Discs

Recovery Discs: can i use windows 8 recovery discs in windows 10 to go back to windows 8 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-discs/3cc8b779-e374-43ca-9209-9b17553cb516
  6. USB fresh install or Recovery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB fresh install or Recovery?: Hi. I had drivers problems and I wanted to reinstall Windows. Is it safe to do it through the recovery? With the option of Reset this PC > 'Remove everything'? Or you should use a USB and delete all partitions and reinstall. Ty submitted by /u/borjahen [link] [comments]...
  7. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Fresh install needed but no OEM disc: Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778 No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has developed strange system problems* that I'm afraid might transfer over to an upgrade. Today's question is: I'd rather do a clean...
  8. recovery disc

recovery disc: please guide me to make recovery disc for window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disc/ae97a879-3802-446e-ae8b-40f26fd5d81e
  9. problem occurred making recovery disc

problem occurred making recovery disc: Have brand new dell desktop. First think I try to do is make recovery disc. Have blank 64 gb flash drive. Get statement,"problem occurred making recovery disc" No reasons just statement. Whats up windows?...
  10. Making recovery discs question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making recovery discs question: Hi I have a Hp Desktop computer. with windows 10 home 64bit that I go on 8/14/2015 when I for started it up I did not see the option to do this. so I did not make a set of the recovery discs. Using hp media creation. Now I have some of my personal programs that I use on the...